We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa payment question

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Villa payment question

When is the final payment for most villas required? I already sent a deposit of 1/2 and we aren't even going until next month. It seems ill advised to send a check for payment in full before we even get there. I guess I'm used to hotels where you give the final payment when your stay is complete.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa payment question

The past couple villas we rented required final payment 60 days prior to the trip. It is common to require full payment well in advance of your arrival.

Some rental sites require full payment if reservations are made less than X number of days before arrival, 30 days stick in my head.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa payment question

It is different with the villas - payment is usually required in full 60 days before the trip. The owners have a lot of income riding on these properties and it is difficult to fill if last minute cancellations occur.

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa payment question

I've had 60 days prior to arrival as well as 30 days prior to arrival depending on which company I've used.

Very common practice with villa rental.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa payment question

We went this April and booked our villa in mid January. We payed in full be Febuary 1st. I think full payment has always been 30-60 days prior to arrival in our experiences.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa payment question

Read your contract. We usually pay the balance 60 days prior to arrival. If you are already past your final payment due date, contact the owners immediately! Many contracts state that if final payment is not received when due, they have the right to try to re-rent the place and you lose your deposit.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 19:28
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa payment question

We have always paid the balance either 60 or 30 days in advance. That is standard with most every villa rental

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa payment question

Thanks all. I haven't done this before and the final payment information is not specified.

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa payment question

You should email or call as it is under the 60 and maybe 30 day window. You may have been expected to send the whole payment since you are so close to the arrival date in June.

9. Re: Villa payment question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17