We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bug spray for kids?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
73 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best bug spray for kids?

We arrive on Saturday and have already bought bug spray with deet for the adults. I have Off deep woods for the kids. Is that too strong or does anyone have a recommendation for what they use on their kids? Thanks for any advice!

Chapin
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bug spray for kids?

Do they still have Avon skin so soft? Maybe check for an Avon Rep on the island. Skeeters must be bad this year, we have never had to use bug spray. I am not sure but, they may just sell the skin so soft bug spray over-the-counter.

Good Luck

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bug spray for kids?

we use the deep woods with deet for the entire family and are careful to give the kids good baths before bedtime. Our son is 8yo so I am ok with it, I would feel differently if talking about an infant or a toddler. With young youngings, I would try the California baby or Burt's bees products. Burt's bees has an oil the works pretty well at our cabin.

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bug spray for kids?

There is a spray sold at St. John Spice specific for little kids. I am forgetting the name at present but it works pretty well and is all

Natural.

NE PA
Level Contributor
948 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bug spray for kids?

We used Avon Skin-so-soft last week and it really seemed to help. They also have a 30 SPF sunscreen that has Skin-so-soft in it. Might be a great combo for the kids.

5. Re: Best bug spray for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:17