We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Just returned from an amazing week:

Stayed at Grande Bay - location, location, location! Couldn't have been happier.

Jeep rental - St John car rental. Great, friendly people running this establishment.

Sam & Jacks Deli for beach lunches is fantastic. No comparison between that and Deli Grotto

Cocktails - Motu was our fave but can't beat the prices at Beach Bars Happy Hour

Restaurants - Never had a bad meal but ZoZo's ( LOVE new location) & Terrace were our faves. Also ate at Beach Bar, Joes Rum Hut, Cruz Bay Landing, Rhumblines, lunch at Caneel Bay Restaurant (can't remember name) Banana Deck, La Tapa. La Tapa was our least favorite. Wasn't bad but the others were better. We ate there on our last visit ten years ago and thought thought the same thing.

Snacks - Our Market Smoothies is fantastic and Thomas is amazing. St John Scoops - ok but nothing spectacular. The gelato at Caneel Bay is cheaper and much better!

Beaches - Trunk, Cinnamon, Hawksnest, Honeymoon, Gibney, Maho, Francis, Hawksnest - loved all. Mosquitos were awful but the incredible weather made it ok.

Excursion -Pirates Penny / Stormy Petrel day trip to Baths, Cooper Island, JVD...fantastic! Highly recommend!

Absolutely amazing week with fantastic weather! Now back to reality

Hudson, Florida
Level Contributor
407 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for posting! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I will be there in 30 days now & it cannot get here fast enough. My 6th trip! I have stayed at Grande Bay for the past 2 years & you just cannot beat the location. I loved being so close to all the bars, restaurants & shops! This time I am staying somewhere different & a little bit more of a walk into town.....Garden By the Sea.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 19:29
Pa.
Level Contributor
4,894 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

A coworker of mine stays at garden by the sea every year & loves it. Where is my market smoothies?...at the overlook on centerline road where the little gift shop is? Want to try them on my next trip.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Our Market Smoothies is right in Cruz Bay. I think the one you are referring to on Centerline Road with the gift shop is Columbo Smoothie Truck. We frequented that one on our last visit 10 years ago and went once on this trip. Now that Our Market is in town which is where we stayed, it was much more convenient and better tasting too but both are good!

Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

I adore garden by the sea! I will be there for the second time at the end of October. Such a special little place :) Enjoy!

5. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:15