We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa with walk to sandy beach

Virginia
Level Contributor
435 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Villa with walk to sandy beach

We are looking for a villa with at least 3 bedrooms that has a water view and short walk to a sandy beach. We've found lots of possibilities on Chocolate Hole but that's a rocky beach. We want to be able to play at the shore with baby who will be 1 1/2. Any suggestions??

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Kallaloo, you can walk down a hill to Hawksnest or Gibney.

There are very few beach front homes because of National Park.

Drive to Maho it is a great beach for little ones.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Odin and Serentity are two villas that are walking distance to Francis.

Virginia
Level Contributor
435 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Thanks for the replies! It looks like Serenity may be available during our dates. I can't tell for sure that you can walk to the water. Are you sure about that part? Thanks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
435 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Ah, I just found a second Serenity Villa on Francis Bay. Looks lovely but is booked for our dates!

Would love any other leads. Thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Next to Kallaloo is Terrahawk, but with only 2 bedrooms. The same people own both villas that share a driveway. We stayed in Terrahawk in June 2006 and loved walking down to Gibney Beach, a very calm beach. Terrahawk has AC throughout. Kallaloo has no AC, just fans. Breezes on that side of the island are rare. The family from California who were staying in Kallaloo said that it was so hot at night, they could not sleep. Their teenagers tried sleeping on rafts in the pool. The parents tried to sleep outside on the patio furniture. We stayed at Terrahawk again for a week in April 2013. It seemed that very little had been done to the place in those 7 years. It needed some work and the furniture and mattresses needed to be replaced. But it was cool with AC and you can walk to one of the best beaches on St. John. Good luck.

NY,NY
Level Contributor
211 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

I would second Kallaloo, except that you have a baby. No go. They don't except kids between 8months and 8 years. Never understood why not. Can't imagine that the added insurance on their part wouldn't be worth it. It's a perfect place otherwise. One of the few within walking distance of a sandy beach. Terrahawk next door will allow kids but not nearly as nice.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,965 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

With a rental car you're only a short drive to a huge number of beautiful beaches so I wouldn't put so much stock into finding a villa within walking distance to a sandy beach as you'll find it too limiting.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

I agree with STT there are very few rentals within walking distance of a beach. Maybe the westin villas are an option? Regardless , most people load up the rental jeep and head out to the various beaches. Once you have the car seat in for the week along with chairs , snorkel gear ect. Its easy.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

St John does not offer this type of lodging with few exceptions. I think you will have to change your criteria or pick another island.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

St John does not offer this type of lodging with few exceptions. I think you will have to change your criteria or pick another island.