We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa with walk to sandy beach

Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Villa with walk to sandy beach

We are looking for a villa with at least 3 bedrooms that has a water view and short walk to a sandy beach. We've found lots of possibilities on Chocolate Hole but that's a rocky beach. We want to be able to play at the shore with baby who will be 1 1/2. Any suggestions??

kod
Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Klein Bay is a beautiful spot that has few tourists. I enjoy the swimming there but wear water shoes. I hope you realize that the beach is comprised of medium sized stones, not a sandy beach you can walk on.

Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

Sounds good! Yes, I know it's a pebbly beach - still very convenient to be near it and excited about the ability to pop away from the house quickly (leaving baby) for a quick snorkel. It wll be a bonus if we can get baby into the water there somehow. Yay!

Boynton Beach...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

We have rented Villas (usually 5-6 BR) on ST John for about 20 years and the "sandy beach" options are really non-existent. Even the pricier 4BR+ villas on Peter Bay including (2B) are not beach front and require quite a hike to get to. For a small 3BR you might try the Westin. We have never stayed there but do stop by for drinks at the beach side bar occasionally.

if you really want a nice SECLUDED beachfront experience try Pinkhouse villas on Jost Van Dyke.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Boynton Beach...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

We stayed at Villa Rendezvous a few years ago and it was OK but not the beachfront you were seeking to be sure. They added some stairs to the rocky beach below after we rented it and I believe they also upgraded all the furnishings and it looks very nice. If I recall, it had a steep winding spiral stairs to get to the lower floor. One of our friends (after a few drinks) actually tripped going down it and he attributed the fall to the staircase (we were not convinced).

I hope you enjoy the villa it is reasonably priced and well laid out. Except for that damn staircase :)

45. Re: Villa with walk to sandy beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15