We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Fish Market Grocer

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Star Fish Market Grocer

This is the second year I have visited St John. This is the second time we went to Star fish Market. The people in the deli do not want to wait on you. They have an attitude. The one guy just looks at her to wait on me. He doesn't say anything to me. She put her gloves on to slice the what I wanted. She looked over to see if he was looking and he wasn't. so she takes the cell phone from the gentleman who was standing on the customer side to look at what he wanted her to see. I don't know if they don't like tourist or what. We work hard at our jobs. Our pay is hard earned. I hope this attitude changes. They need to follow the ways of the Lord. Colossians 3:23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Star Fish Market Grocer

I also am sorry that you had a bad experience, although I do have to agree with the people who think it's just 'Island Time'. I've experienced that on several occasions, and while it's frustrating to me sometimes, I try to remember that my culture isn't the only valid one in the world. Meanwhile, you say that you have been on St John twice. Anything else happen? Any beaches that we shouldn't miss? Restaurants that you had great experience or service in? Memorable snorkels or hikes? We'd love to hear about the things to do as well as the things you think we should look out for.

ct. usa
Level Contributor
416 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Star Fish Market Grocer

We liked being able to shop at Starfish Market- the "check-out" folks were particularly kind and friendly. We did have to wait for service at the deli counter- with available help behind it - and we, like most folks I have seen, greeted the employees and were polite. I do agree that apsphl is entitled to quote the bible to get their point across. I am not offended at all !

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Star Fish Market Grocer

owsa, quoting the Bible is one thing. Advising people to follow the ways of the Lord is another. No problem with the former, but the latter doesn't have any place in a travel forum

14. Re: Star Fish Market Grocer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17