We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Topic
JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

I know this is a STJ forum, but the JVD forum doesn't get much love and I know all of you go to Jost.

My question is, how do you get from the Soggy Dollar to Ivan's...is it walkable? and more importantly, is it worth the walk?

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Yes you can walk, but you will need shoes. White Bay beach is bisected by a rocky outcropping. SDB is on one side, and Ivans is on the other, so you can walk across the rocks (or swim round, I guess). On balance, I think it is worth it. SDB can get a little crazy, and Ivan's is more laid back at peak times. Here's what to expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEx8ZNGCDM

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Perfect video! I think we'll make the trek this year

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

This would make a great kayak trip!

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Totally walkable/swimable Crazy how popular SDB is these days…..

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

The Soggy Dollar Bar has been around since the 1970s and was a very popular place in the early 80's when I moved to the islands - as it has been ever since! Great spot!

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Granted Soggy $ is an historic landmark for the yatching crowd..but these days it seems to draw an insane number of "tours" and day visitors via the ferry. sorta like spring break for middle aged loud mouths…..

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

One Love should get some serious love for their lunch. Great meals and drinks and they occasionally will have live music on weekends. They are located on the west end of White Bay. As for walking to Ivans, you can do in flip flops from SD. The last part is a little rocky but not tricky. Have fun.

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Anybody got the handle on the new B-Line bar over on little JVD...seems like it's being marketed as Soggy's without the crowd.

Thinking about stopping in for a drink on our BVI charter in late June

Edited: 31 May 2014, 01:51
New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

There's much more to JVD then the soggy$….

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JVD: Soggy to Ivan's

Bee-line is not Soggys without the crowds. It's a little bar with a great view very near Sandy Spit. We went there this year rather than Soggy's because we were on Sandy Spit and we wanted to stop somewhere before we went back to Cruz Bay, and we only had about an hour beach time. It was a very laid back bar, as I said with a great view, but it's not located anywhere like White Bay, which IMO is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. But we were glad we went to Bee-line. No crowds, no drunk tourists, no line up at the bar, no rich guys flashing credit cards and thinking that they owned the place. We like Soggy's and we'll probably go back, but Bee-line was a nice, relaxing change. But no food.