We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
146 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

First, thanks to everyone for your insights and advice on the forum. The forum and Tripadvisor reviews are my main source of info for planning trips, and we had a great week in St John from June 8-15th. I love going at this time of year, as one often has beaches to herself and no problems with dining out and getting a table.

1) We loved the St. John Inn. Such great attention to detail and friendly owners and staff. We would love to stay there again, and it is a bargain for St. John.

2) Hiking Brown Bay, Rams Head, and Lind Point. We felt like we got our exercise, got fabulous views, and had beaches to ourselves.

3) The Beach Bar: After months of watching the web cams, it was just so fun to be there having a painkiller. Highly recommend to everyone.

4)Snorkeling: Pretty much everywhere but loved Haulover North. Officially the best snorkeling ever, per my husband. I loved Francis, since we saw many turtles, and mangrove snorkeling in Princess Bay was a novel experience.

5)Tourist Trap and Angels Rest: Go. The Tourist Trap drinks and food were fantastic, the view was great, and the bananaquits fun to watch. Angels Rest is a swim up bar in Hansen Bay, and everyone should go to a swim up bar once in their life.

6)Caribbean Night at the Inn of Tamarind Court: We were the only people there and the food was to die for.

We rented a car for a portion of our trip (as advised by the TA forum), and it was absolutely the right choice. Again, thanks everyone, and I hope you all have as wonderful trips as we did.

Level Contributor
117 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

Could you please tell me where you rented your car from? I am having a heck of a time locating one for our upcoming trip. Thanks and thanks for the trip report!

Norristown...
Level Contributor
349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

Nice little report. The Inn at Tamarind Court is one of those places that seems to have kind of gone by the wayside a bit as more and more development occurs in and around Cruz bay, so it's nice to be reminded that it's still there, even if its former glory is somewhat diminished. We were disappointed on our last trip that we didn't make it in for breakfast at least once - I remember when JJ's & the Inn were just about the only places to find breakfast "in town". Not to change the thrust of your thread here, but I'd be interested to hear about any other folks' recent experiences at the Inn - and maybe a little more detail on Caribbean Night - you've got me feeling nostalgic for the "old days" around Cruz Bay...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

Lilly89 check your thread re car rental there are several suggestions on it specifically Amalie in stt is great and has service for their vehicles on st john.

Thankyou for the trip report always wanted to do Brown Bay.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 01:01
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
146 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

We rented from L&L car rental on St. John. They were prompt and easy to work with, lilly89. Hope it works out for you! I hadn't been to Tamarind Court before, and it was very quiet the night we went, but honestly our best meal. Hope people check it out for Caribbean night. I understand there is a different chef depending on the theme night.

5. Re: Trip Report: Highlights from June 8-15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17