We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 bedroom villa

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bourg, Louisiana
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
6 bedroom villa

looking at 3 different villas, St. John Villa, La Susa, Ocean Palm Villa. comments or suggestions

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 bedroom villa

Our group of 6 couples stayed at Villa St. John in November of 2004. Absolutely beautiful villa, great outdoor spaces and pool area. The bedrooms were very spacious, views were wonderful. We loved our stay there and hope to stay again sometime. You are able to walk down to the rocky beach area in Chocolate Hole. If you have any specific questions, please ask away.

georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 bedroom villa

We have stayed at both Villa St John and Villa La Susa and both are Great but each is very different from the other. Different areas of the island and very different layout of the rooms. Villa St John is on the south shore (Chocolate Hole) and Villa La Susa is on the North Shore in the Peter Bay area. Villa St. John has 4 bedrooms in the main Villa and two in the smaller Villa which is separate from the main Villa. Depending on the make up of your group as to adults and/or children might help your decision. Please feel free to contact me with any questions Joanne at jwa517@aol.com

Boynton Beach...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 bedroom villa

I have stayed at two of the three villas. Villa St John villas was about four years ago and Ocean Palm Villa two years ago. Both are nice but there is a BIG difference in the East end of the Island and Chocolate hole.

Personally, I liked the remoteness of the East End and the Ocean Palm Villa better than Villas St John. The layout was awesome with the four bedrooms in the main house and the guesthouse has its own pool. It is RIGHT on the ocean and the views cannot be beat however the rocky beach is not very swimable (as are most villa beaches in STJ). However, once you are in there are some GREAT coral reefs for snorkeling.

Villa St John is also a nice choice and better if you like to be closer to the action in town or at the Westin (especially since they built those timeshares right next to the villa). it really comes down to what you want to do with your vacation.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 bedroom villa

We loved Villa St. John when we stayed there a few years ago with a large family group. Having the separate villa worked well for us. Others have commented on the layout so I won't add to that. Chocolate Hole is a secret snorkeling spot - some really awesome snorkeling if you take the time to head out away from the beach and just enjoy yourself. The pool area is very nice and it has great views. I understand it is for sale so things might change a bit. Can't comment on the others but we liked the Chocolate Hole location a lot.

5. Re: 6 bedroom villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 07:16