We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for Zozo's?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code for Zozo's?

Are shorts and a nice shirt acceptable for the men at Zozo's?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
244 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

Yes, absolutely.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

Yes. Same is true for a woman. There will be fancier people here and there, but no one will care. Promise. When we go, it's nice shorts (or capris for me) and a nice shirt.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 13:41
Kentucky
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

Mentioned before and was at the old location but had a wonderful experience with great service in a tshirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. That being said I did call ahead and check and it was offseason. We had received a nice gift certificate and wanted to use but it was unexpected and didn't have anyting nicer. We now take one nice shirt per trip just in case we want to hit a "fancier" place and not feel like the most underdressed diner.

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

"We now take one nice shirt per trip just in case we want to hit a "fancier" place and not feel like the most underdressed diner." - sage travel advice!

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

I realize that ZoZos is under different managment than Caneel. But doesn't Caneel have dress code for the dinner hour? (think NYAC) I thought gents were expected to wear long pants and buttoned shirts? However I don't imagine ZoZo's turning anybody away at the door because of shorts.

Personally I would step up the dress a bit for ZoZos at Caneel.

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

A button down "Tommy Bahama"-like shirt, or collared "polo" shirt, with nice shorts for men is perfectly acceptable, including at their new Sugar Mill location at Caneel Bay. I would not recommend wearing a t-shirt. Slacks for men are not required. I was just there a few weeks ago, as well as 6 months ago, and was perfectly comfortable with a nice shirt and nice shorts. I no longer bring casual slacks to St John.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

I believe that pants are only required at the Turtle Bay Estate house for dinner during High Season. The Beach Terrace does not have a dress code, or at least did not when we were there in April.

My husband did not bring pants and we dined at Zozo's 3 times. He was in khaki shorts and a polo or short sleeved button down each time.

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

We go every yr and last yr at new location. As said above, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama shirt w flip flops is what my husband wears to zozo's.

9. Re: Dress code for Zozo's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24