We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

Baraboo, WI
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

I read a recent review on the Anchorage Aweigh VRBO site about additional construction going on at that location. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this and know how it affects the privacy of the location. It appears that it would potentially affect it based on the fact that the pool would now be shared and the pool sits right in front of this rental so anyone at the pool would be right in front of your deck. Just curious if anyone is aware of what this does to the property? I was considering renting it but am worried if there's really going to be privacy at this site anymore.

Baraboo, WI
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

Actually never mind, just found this blog which was great for seeing everything. Great that the owners posted this so we can now see what it will look like!

http://www.anchorageaweigh.com/villa/page/5/

Baraboo, WI
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

Answered my own question. I found the blog that someone else had so kindly posted on a different forum. Gives a great idea of what to expect.

www.anchorageaweigh.com/villa

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

The owners are usually there summers and are quick to reply to questions. We've visited them and they are fine people.

Cheers, RickG

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

GREAT house - the owners are here right now and I have seen the house probably 3 times in the last couple of weeks and will be with the owners on Friday - I will let them know you have questions and I know they will answer.

Pia

St. John
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

Good day! Sorry for the delay in answering...busy building!! We are going to rent our houses as a complex for one or two couples depending upon how many bedrooms are needed. Each house is a 1 bedroom with a pool in the middle. The deck of the new house will have lattice facing the cottage and a screened-in porch above the pool. The deck of the new house with all of the furniture is around the corner from the cottage - facing the ocean. It is very private, with only a shared pool for two couples traveling together. We are in the process of tiling and we even put in some fans and light fixtures today! So excited! Our new stainless steel fridge is plugged in and full of beer. :) The house will be finished by the end of the month. The new house is more upscale with regard to size, amenities and view. Both have outdoor showers. We are really behind on our building blog as we are too busy/tired to do it while we are building. Thanks so much for your questions and let us know if you have more! Happy 4th! Patricia

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

Hello-

My husband and I are renting from you January 30th to February 6th. I read your description above. I just wanted to clarify the pool sharing. If the couples are not travelling together is the pool still shared? I was a bit confused on the description above. We look forward to our visit there this winter!

Thanks!

Sara

St. John
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

Shared pool for those not traveling together - only on current reservations. For any new reservations, only private pool! Thank you!

8. Re: Anchorage Aweigh Changes - Anyone Seen These

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 07:16