We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter Pickups at Westin

ny
Level Contributor
176 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Charter Pickups at Westin

Several years ago we stayed at the Westin and did a charter boat to Virgin Gorda etc; the boat picked us up at the dock at the Westin. Then a couple of years ago we were at the Westin again and they were not allowing boats to pick up at their dock by the hotel. I noticed in a review I read of a charter company that that company picked up at the Westin dock just a couple of weeks ago. Are charter boats once again allowed to pick up at the Westin dock? If staying there it is so much easier to get the boat there than to have to go down to the dock in Cruz Bay. Any info about this is much appreciated as we will be at the Westin again.

Thanks,

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter Pickups at Westin

You will have to check with the individual charter boat -- some vessels have an agreement with the Westin about docking but most are not allowed and must do a beach pickup by dinghy which isn't really very difficult - you will have to stop in Cruz Bay on the return anyway to clear back into C&I of the USA if you are doing a BVI excursion.

CBC - Customs and Border Control has rather strict rules about which vessels can depart on an International trip [BVI] from what they consider an unsecured dock.

2. Re: Charter Pickups at Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:17