We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Trip in September

Signal Mountain...
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Trip in September

If you had the chance to take a last minute trip in at the end of September or the First of October would you go? We have been before but never this time of the year. Would you go and if so what will be the drawbacks? We love quite and don't mind cooking in some.

Thanks for your help!

SKP

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

Absolutely I would go! In fact, I was trying to work a short visit in about that time since our November trip is a ways off. You will probably find some restaurants closed, however I would think the beaches would be quiet. Any time is a great time to visit St John.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
642 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

Both weeks are the same. Pick whatever flight is less.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

I would go too, but recommend you buy travel insurance since it's still hurricane season. Some restaurants will be closed but still plenty of places to eat. Check www.stjohnspice.com for restaurant closings/hours.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

I would go (unless there was a hurricane brewing)...so travel insurance sounds like a good idea. St John is the PERFECT place for peace and quiet. Your joy of cooking will come in handy since some restaurants will be closed. However, I think you'll find some great choices for dining... bluewater provided a great link to check closings/hours.

Safe Travels!

Pa.
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

I go anytime I could. We went in October last year and had an awesome week. Planning for October again this year

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

Oct is a fabulous time to be on the island!

We go at this time usually, but this yr we are going in November.

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

My husband and I are going around the 27th of sept. In 2010 we went a week prior. It was just as beautiful and enjoyable as other times but less crowded. The beaches were empty and many of places closed but still enjoyable. We purchased travel insurance both times. Hoping to be just as lucky this year in not having to use it.

8. Re: Last Minute Trip in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:16