We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nfl Games

Ridgecrest, CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nfl Games

I usually go to St. John in the summer, but am headed down this year in Oct. Does CBS and Fox carry the games in the Virgin Islands like they do in the States? Will I be able to sit on my butt all Sunday drinking rum and watching football from the comfort of my cottage porch?

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nfl Games

Villa we just enjoyed had Dish network and everything was available.

Also, sure most of the bars with TV's have NFL games on football season, I know Skinny's shows football.

Check with company your rented from and see what type of cable service they have.

Good luck!

Ridgecrest, CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nfl Games

The cottage has "Expanded" cable from Innovative. So it has the normal networks. I guess my question is do the local affiliates "mirror" the same programming as Stateside? Is USA Football popular enough in this area to be the main Sunday programming?

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nfl Games

So quick text message to my on island friend and villa maintenance guy brought this response.

"Yes, football very popular especially @ Skinny's, other bars as well. But, houses with satellite dish may not get ABC, NBC, CBS. Satellite or cable with ESPN might get football."

Hope this helps.

If you can't sit on your porch then you'll have to ride a barstool! Either way, you are in paradise!

Ridgecrest, CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nfl Games

Thank you! My wife was calling me crazy for worrying about football while on vacation, but she isn't the one defending a Fantasy Football Championship! Looks like I will be OK. 17 days and counting...

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nfl Games

You will also find the games on at Castaway's and 420 to Center as well as X on STJ. All are located in Cruz Bay.

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nfl Games

Let me know where you find a good place as I'll be following after you and also defending a title. :)

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,180 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nfl Games

Skinny's is our favorite spot for a game on a rainy Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers, RickG

Ridgecrest, CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nfl Games

Thanks for all the reply's. Just found out that CBS will be doing the Thursday night games for the 1st half of the season, so I don't have to worry about trying to find a place with NFL Network. So I should be good for the 2 weeks I am there. Kick-off of the 2014 NFL Season is just a few hours away..... I love Fall....

grand island, ny
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nfl Games

I'm with your wife! I just don't get it!! The outcome will be what it will be whether you watch or not; your in paradise, turn the set off! Maybe as women we are just wired differently. I read this post on its first day and I tried to contain myself, but I just cant any longer! lol Enjoy your vacation!

Edited: 05 September 2014, 21:44
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nfl Games

LOL gigiofgi me too..Its his vacation so whatever floats his boat but I would have to run off on some adventure by myself if my husband did that! haha! Have fun Chargerfan1 :)