We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Suggestions for two couples

Kansas City
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Suggestions for two couples

We will be two couples hopefully travelling in May of 2007.

We would like to have a pool and an outdoor shower or close to a beach is a bonus. We need to king bedrooms and hopefully two bathrooms. If they could be somewhat separated by the kitchen/living area that would be great!

We usually do the whole big resort thing and I'm really wanting to try something different and explore St. John a little more. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicolle

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Nicole....

We have booked Sea Stone Villa for next summer. It will be the first time that we have booked a villa before, but our second visit to St. John.

Sea Stone has everything you requested.....with the exception of being close to a beach. It DOES however have the most incredible view. However, I just checked and think it is pretty much booked for all of May and June (we took the last week in June).....however, it has availability for tmost of July.

Here is it's website, if you'd care to take a look.

www.vivacations.com/viewproperty.aspx… - 52k

I'm not really all that familiar with villas on St. John.....but if you put "outdoor showers" in the search feature of the forums, it might also pull up similar properties that fit your preferences.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Here are a few suggestions but not knowing your budget it maybe alittle hard to suggest one over the other

Bongo Bongo is a new villa and you can read a fabulous blog about the building process at this link - it is soooo good, and soooooo funny.

http://www.bongobongostjohn.com/blog/

And here is the link to a few villa's that get great reviews.

www.carefreegetaways.com/bongo_bongo.htm

www.carefreegetaways.com/bongo_bongo.htm

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/ambiance.htm

www.destinationstjohn.com/la_papaya.htm

Luv Pia (a former Kansas Citian living in STJ)

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Pia, thanks for a good laugh tonight! The blog is great :) K

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Wow! That is a great blog. I started reading it yesterday, and just finished it;) Thanks for the link, Pia!

atlanta
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

i was going to recommend bongo bongo too. it sounds perfect for your group.

regarding the bongo site, i have become a bongo bongo blog addict. ("hi, i'm addicted to reading about a villa that i have never seen built by two men i've never met...) i don't think i have missed a day in over a year. i get very irritated when they get busy and don't post for several days... the nerve of them.

anyhow, i digress... i don't think you are going to find anything right on the beach. the st john beaches don't really work like that. besides, when you are up higher you get a nicer breeze and view.

i vote for bb. there's a couple on another site who just got to bb for their honeymoon. she is going to post a review soon. but, being the pathetic expert that i am, i just know she is going to say good things.

good luck!

julee

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Hey Julee

Just to let you know Mary Beth is already on day 2 of her posts "live from Bongo Bongo" and your right, she's having a great time (and the coffee grinder is working perfectly)

Pia

Kansas City
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Bongo, Bongo looked perfect except that it's completely booked for April and May. I'm actually getting a little worried about finding some place that isn't booked. I'm trying to dig deeper.

I don't want anyone to think we are looking for beachfront accomodations, I realize there really aren't that many options for that. The pool and two bedrooms are a must, along with cleanliness and being in good condition, everything else is completely negotiable!

Thanks for any and all suggestions you can come up with!

Nicolle

atlanta
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

we stayed at la mirimar two years ago and loved it. i have tons of pics if you are interested. it is a two bedroom walk to chocolate hole. it isn't swanky, but it is definitely GREAT! it has new owners but i am sure it is mostly the same. see if they are available, and if you like it, and then i can send you pics.

julee

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

Check out these two villas: Beach Walk and Terrahawk. I don't recall if they have everything you're looking for, but both are close to the beach.

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Suggestions for two couples

it would help if you could give us some info on your villa budget. there are so many villas on st. john, with all different sizes, locations, amenities and price !! what you are looking for is quite doable. here are some companies we've used through the yrs with some great villas/condos and helpfull staff : www.caribbeanvillas.com -- www.suitestjohn.com -- www.cateredto.com . may is a popular month so i would get on this ASAP !!!