We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estate Lindholm

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
324 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Estate Lindholm

We are thinking about staying Estate Lindholm . Any input woulg be great from people that have stayed here.

Hudson Valley,NY
Level Contributor
362 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estate Lindholm

EL is a small,intimate B&B. The grounds are beautiful, the owners & staff friendly and helpful. You don't say when you're going, but be advised that right now they are expanding - which means there is construction going on. If you plan on being away at the beach during the day it shouldn't be a problem.

The buffet breakfast is good, there is an honor bar, & small pool. They provide beach chairs, beach towels & coolers. Hope this helps.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estate Lindholm

We usually arrive on island a couple of days before we can get into whatever villa we have rented. We always stay those first few nights at Estate Lindholm. They book up solid so don't wait too long. I'd get busy and contact Lauren if you are interested in staying there.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estate Lindholm

Is there any particular reason that you don't want to rent a villa? Don't get me wrong Estate Lindholm is very nice and we love it there but it's not like have a whole house to yourself.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
324 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estate Lindholm

When you say expanding.....does this mean at the property? I do not want to be in the middle of construaction the entire time, That would be rather stressful. We are planning out trip in APril. Any thoughts??????

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estate Lindholm

Call Lauren and find out how much 'construction' activity you might expect. We're staying there in June for a couple of nights before getting into our villa and I never even gave their building project a thought. Let us know what she tells you. Thanks.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Estate Lindholm

We stayed at EL last month (First of Nov), they were just finishing up the exterior/roof of the additional building while we were there, (the first week of November) We never noticed any construction noise, but we were usually out exploring everyday. They were closed for 2 months and we were some of the first people back after the break. Lauren had expressed that they were behind schedule on the project and they were supposed to be finished by that time. By now I would think that it's pretty much finished. Lauren is great to work with. Give her a call with any questions. Great location, views, nice people, can't go wrong.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
215 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Estate Lindholm

2muchSnow,

Do you mean they're finished with all the exterior construction and now have only interior work?

Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Estate Lindholm

SeaIdol,

As of a month ago, they had finished the roof and the exterior finish work. It didn't have any windows just openings, looks like that was the next step. It might be finished by now. Apparently they had some rains prior to our arrival and that was what kept the roof/ext from being finished. It also sounded like they were supposed to be finished by the time they reopened from the break. Like I said in my earlier post, We never heard any construction noise and we were in the closest building to the construction. Lauren was very considerate about the noise, she even got after a gardener one morning who was about to start up a weed wacker at 8:30 in the morning, she asked him to wait a bit. (We were leaving to go to the other side of the island for the day). If it worries anyone, give Lauren or Chris (the manager) and express your concerns. The building is behind all the other cottages units, so it's not in the view of the decks. It never had an impact on our trip. We were usually out exploring during the middle of the day. There wasn't a giant crane or an army of backhoes beeping at all hours of the day or night.

Nothing to worry about. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
215 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Estate Lindholm

Thanks for your info! Did you walk to/from town?

A little over 5 weeks until we go -- getting excited!

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Estate Lindholm

No problem walking into town from Estate Lindholm (all down a steep and curved hill) but be sure to have a flashlight as the road is very dark and mostly unlit. We usually walk into town our first night and pick up our Jeep the next day. We take a taxi back up the hill.