We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to St. Thomas

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
flights to St. Thomas

Just found flights for 3 adults from Roanoke, VA to St. Thomas, August 4-11, at $554 each. About $200 less than I paid last year, with only one stop in Charlotte, NC. This was at bookingbuddy.com, using CheapTickets. This included taxes and trip protection.

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to St. Thomas

Great price, thanks! There is also a great rate out of Richmond to SJU for $183 RT and Cape Air rt SJU to STT for $150. With taxes right at $400.

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to St. Thomas

Just got air from Detroit to STT connecting in Charlotte for $457. Leaving June 2nd. I thought that was pretty good too.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to St. Thomas

You probably won't even believe this... but I just got a round trip ticket from Detroit to St. Thomas on United for a total.... taxes included... entire price of.... $165! I've never, in all of my seven years of constant almost daily searching found a flight for that cheap. I bought the ticket for a friend without even checking to see if they could use it. It is almost worth the $165 just for the bragging rights! ;-)

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to St. Thomas

Wow, Julie, I am envious!!!! What are the dates on that? You have a lucky friend. We will try to see you our next visit. We can't seem to get enough of STJ.

Irma
Level Contributor
271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to St. Thomas

Didn't check in the last few days, but friends of mine got 285.00 R/T

out of Chicago on American. United and Spirit were similar. My family paid 300.00 R/T last month for our trip in late January.

Mark

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to St. Thomas

Hi-Chicago to STT is now quoting $575 on American and United.

DId you book this a long time ago? Thanks. We used " miles "for March trip, but trying to get college- aged son a flight. Price was $375 in November but did a big jump recently.

Irma
Level Contributor
271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights to St. Thomas

My friends got the 285.00 R/T a week and a half ago on AA.

My family got 300 R/T 6 weeks ago on United.

Just went on Spirit Air's site at 11 PM tonight. I used sample of March 8-15

Ticket cost was 301.00. Different dates were appreciably higher,

although midweek tends to be MUCH cheaper on Spirit.

Good Luck!

Mark

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights to St. Thomas

I've seen some really great deals on flights for STT. I think that it may be because more airlines are flying here now and the competition has driven the prices down.

The ticket I got for $165 RT from DTW to STT was purchased Monday of last week and was for travel dates of January 18-23. I still don't know if my friend can make it, but like I said, it's almost worth the bragging rights!

I search for tickets almost daily and what I have found to be the most effective is going to Orbitz, putting in a really wide range on the flexible search, finding the cheapest days to fly, then going directly to that particular airline's website. American Airlines almost always has a lower fare on their site than the one offered on Orbitz or Travelocity. It is better to buy directly from the airline if you can because if you need to make changes they are a LOT easier to deal with. Spirit has some killer deals, but the best way to find them is to sign up for their email "alerts". Their site isn't as user friendly, but you can sometimes find an incredible deal through them.

Other tips, avoid a San Juan connection if you can. They lose luggage a lot. My personal lost luggage rate going through San Juan is about 75% of the time it is lost... but it does always show up. American Airlines has a eshopping program where you can earn miles for many online shopping places. If you sign in to your account on aa.com and navigate to their eshopping area and go to the other site through them, you can earn 1-6 points for every dollar you spend. They have a lot of merchants that do this and the points can really add up.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flights to St. Thomas

...you can also try using sidestep dotcom for research and then go to the airline site to buy.

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flights to St. Thomas

Great information, thanks! One of the reasons that our flights cost more is that we have to travel from Saturday thru Saturday and can't be as flexible with dates due to work constraints. I paid about $100pp more for last November, so I'm still happy :)