We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gallows Point: lower unit?

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gallows Point: lower unit?

We've been to Gallows a number of times and like it very much. We've always booked an upper unit, both for the better view and for the extra space. With the economy being what it is, we're thinking to book next time in a lower unit since there are just two of us. Don't mind giving up the extra room, do slightly mind not having the higher outlook, but would be fine. Only thing I'm concerned about (in fact the main reason we book upper, even more impt than those other details) is the noise factor. We're noise sensitive, are used to great silence at home, and know we'd be bothered if we could hear neighbors. In upper unit, we've never been aware of folks below or to the side of us (now and then on lanai).

Here's the question for those of you who've stayed in a Gallows lower unit. Is there any awareness at all of people above? Can you hear footsteps and the like? Thanks very much!

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

My wife and I usually stay in the upper as well, but this trip we just reserved a lower unit for the first time. I have probably read every review and comment ever written! LOL

I have never seen anyone mention being able to hear noise from the upper unit. You would think that someone would mention it if it was a problem.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

We stayed in a lower unit in May and didn't hear a peep from above. Have fun!

florida
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

Thanks for your replies. We're going to try a lower unit for next December (early Dec). Now to decide on which unit. Have either of you stayed in 5A or 6B by any chance? Any impressions? Thanks again. (I think I'll post my "which unit?" query separately.)

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

Stayed in a lower unit right after Hurricane Omar in October for two weeks when the resort was at 100% capacity. No noise whatsoever from upstairs. Can't remember the number except that it was in the teens and the closest building to the pool. Very peaceful. Enjoy!

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

For anyone interested, 11A (lower harbor) and 15A (lower ocean view) were being completely gutted and in the process of renovation when we were there the end of November. We were painfully aware of the tile saw for a couple of days during the morning before we left. 15A is considered ocean view, but to save money, 11A is still close enough to the point to see a sunset to your left from the unit. We find the harbor views vs ocean views to be just fine for the difference in price.

NewJersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

I think we stayed in 11A overlooking the harbor last May. It was up for sale and we got a good deal. Wish we could have bought it! No problem wi upstairs noise.

florida
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

Thanks for continued replies. Gallows seems to be a popular place, with more people being pleased than not. (We have mixed feelings, but weighted on the positive, since we do return.)

8. Re: Gallows Point: lower unit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 14:23
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay