We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gallows Point: unit 6B?

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gallows Point: unit 6B?

Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in this unit in the last couple of years. Mainly interested to know quality of mattress and whether water pressure was good in shower. Also whether you could hear noise from Zozo's, pool area, or from unit above.

Thank you.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

we were in 7A/7B last March and loved it- no noise from zozo's- don't recall a problem with water pressure- you will love the location!! easy walk to Cruz bay-my kids talk about that trip all the time!!

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

Thanks for reply. In fact, we know Gallows well, have stayed there a number of times, but always in unit 3 and always on top floor. Would like to save $$ next time, so thinking about lower unit. We like building 3 because it has somewhat better privacy, but we've learned that those downstairs units aren't especially nice. Have a vague memory of hearing that some units in building 6 have been renovated. Since rate is same whether one gets updated unit or not, am hoping to find best unit. (Gallows reservations office not great help.) Where building 6 and 7 are, did you hear any noise/traffic from the lot where Tings is-- or the laundry area? Isn't that kind of a "busy" spot at Gallows? (We're horribly noise sensitive.) Btw, we thought the mattress in our units was pretty poor-- lumpy, etc. We do very much like Gallows though. Thanks again for answering.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

we never had ANY problems with noise- i don't recall noise from the laundry area and i do remember it being right behind our units- mattress was not a problem either- wish we were going back but have decided to go to our beach condo this year -maybe we'll do something this summer!!

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

Thought I'd mention something that you may not be aware of: Gallows Point recently introduced a special off-season rate (June-October) for repeat guests. They're offering 7 nights for price of 5-- and that's in addition to the 10% discount one gets for repeat. The certificate code is COS. We were given the info when we checked out this past December. I suspect that you could receive the price break even though you weren't specifically handed the "certificate." All resorts are hurting for business and they seem to be willing to cut deals. Maybe this will get you back to Gallows sooner than you'd expected! :-)

BTW, have you seen the upper units? I think that with two kids in tow you might really appreciate the extra room; they're significantly more spacious than the lower units (and they have that extra half bath)

(Where's you beach condo?)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

we actually received a xmas card from Gallows with the coupon inside- my parent's condo is in Perdido Beach, FL- hit majorly by Ivan in '04(had to be totoally redone- both buidling 48 units each) and we had our 1st summer back last summer- boy did we miss it but we rented houses at Grayton Beach for 2 summers which was alot of fun

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

I'm topping hoping to get more replies. Would like to get unit booked.

bev
maryland
Level Contributor
192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

Was at Gallows in December.

7D (upper ocean), 6B(lower ocean), 8A(lower ocean) and 5a(lower ocean) have been renovated with new kitchens, baths etc. 15A (ocean lower) was in process at that time. Many other units have been getting new furniture, appliances etc.

You can find out if any of these are available by contacting:

www.gallowspointresort.com

bev
maryland
Level Contributor
192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

forgot 10B (lower harbor) - new kitchen as well.

florida
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

bev-- thanks. Did you happen to see any of those units-- or just know that they had been renovated? I saw 8A and thought it was stunning, perhaps a little "over the top" and not very "island" in feel, but very handsome. What a bathroom!

bev
maryland
Level Contributor
192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gallows Point: unit 6B?

Yes, I saw them all including 15A in construction - that unit was like 8A in many ways, but different and maybe even more upscale details.

7D is an upper unit - great new kitchen, granite counters, new bath with new tile; they did not replace the handmade mexican tile, but it is lovely and in good shape.

6B has new kitchen with mahogany and glass cabinets and stainless appliances, granite counters, new bath and new tile throughout.

5A is complete now, but it was underconstruction when I saw it - new kitchen with light colored cabinets, granite counters and new tile - don't recall whether they redid the entire bathroom.

10B was done a few years ago and has a very nice open kitchen with stainless appliances. Don't recall the bathroom.

The grounds and "bones" of Gallows are, of course, great.

Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay