We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

I will be traveling with my family of 7 and wanted to know how crowded the hotel is in July. We are traveling 7-2/7-9 2010. Wanted to know about the pool cabanas and seating at main pool.

Nyack, NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

We travel in August. On both our arrival or transition days, we book a cabana. For our family it is easier and the amenities are worth it. You have a place to put you and your stuff. We take advantage every year. Enjoy!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

Thank you. Any other tips on this hotel would be appreciated.

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

What's included with the cabanas - what's the layout? Do you have to book these far in advance? How many are there?

We're going first week of April and am expecting it to be a bit crowded as its our spring break. We plan on exploring the island most days (both by jeep and by boat) but there may be a day of laziness - this could be the perfect day for a cabana. Would love to know more about them.

Thanks

Pamela

Nyack, NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

There are 6 cabanas. Each cabana is a single "hut" with shades, I would say 10'x10'...three on either side of the pool. There are three hammocks for the three to share and 3 or 4 chaise lounges per cabana. That's the real perc, because chairs tend to go pretty quickly.

In the cabana, there is a mini fridge with water, cool towels, an iDock/radio, TV, table, towels, phone, table and chairs. Plus dedicated service to the restaurant and bar. Pretty much everything you could want or need. You can book a full or half day. In my experience, the pool is least crowded during the day when everyone is out exploring the island. Except on Friday-Sunday, which the timeshare turnover days.

I don't think you NEED to book it now, but since you're already thinking of it, why not just do it? If it's spring break week you may not want to wait. I booked a month in advance and I think the staff was kind of surprised.

Pamela: you will probably not spend much time at the resort. We don't usually--most people are out and about. The pool and beach at the Westin get busiest at the end of the day. But there is usually one day when we just want to relax. The cabana is a great option. Enjoy STJ! It is truly a magical, magical place.

Barb: I haven't been in July, but would imagine since it's 4th of July week and (I'm pretty pretty sure) Carnival, it will be very busy. The staff at the Westin have always been very helpful. If you contact the concierge by phone or email, I'm sure they can let you know what the all the celebrations and festivities will be. Have a blast!.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

Thank you. We are looking forward to it. Great to have the family together in such a wonderful location.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

I would say you do not need a cabana.

However, that is your preference.

They are 20-30 feet off of the pool, so you would be going past other chairs between your cabana and the pool.

Last August, we never had an issue getting chairs with a group of 20+.

See my profile for other Westin info.

7. Re: Pool Cabanas at Westin St John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay