We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradiso

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Paradiso

I am traveling with a huge work group to the Westin in a few weeks. I was considering taking a party of 20 to Paradiso for dinner one night. Is this a good choice for a party this size? Can you walk there from the Westin? I am a first timer in St John so any advice of ank kind is welcome. I have traveled a ton just never to the USVI.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
431 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradiso

I always liked Paradiso....It;s one of the few restaurants with A/C. There have been alot of changes over the years with chefs so I can not speak to todays quality of food but it is a beautiful restaurant. And no.....even though it is possible to walk to Cruz Bay from the Westin, once you are there you will agree it is not a walk you would wish to make........especially with a crew of 20. You may be missing a few by the time you get there. Take the taxi, that's the tickei.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradiso

I haven't been to Paradiso in years, but I can tell you that it is large enough to accommodate your crew. I would make a reservation as early as possible. I would suggest that for anywhere you go. A lot of the places here are on the smallish side and for a large group they like to have as much for waring as possible.

Has anyone been to Paradiso recently? I would love to hear a current review! I used to love the place when Ted was there, but I kind of gave it up when Ted open Tage (now closed). I know their happy hour is very popular with the locals. I believe it's half price apps. if you sit at the bar.

Near Future
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradiso

I was there in July 2008 and enjoyed it very much. In fact, it was one of our best meals. We were there on a Tuesday when they had a 3 course special. I don't know if they still do those specials, but it was good. Delicious food and nice atmosphere. The AC was appreciated during the hot summer.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradiso

Thanks for the info. I have been trying to make a reservation for a while now and they wont confirm. They have asked me to call back twice and last time asked me to email. I followed up today but If I dont hear back soon I am going to try Asolare. Price wise are they comparable or is Asolare more? Which is better? The view at Asolare is apealing.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradiso

When is your group coming? Too bad about the lack of confirmation...I wonder what that is all about? I would be curious to here anything in the last few months about Asolare. They have been through their ups and downs. In the past, you find people who absolutely love it, and some who would never go back, even if it was free. The view is stunning from there though!!! Asolare was having some trouble awhile back with cash flow (in the slow season). I haven't heard anything recently, so hopefully they have all that squared away.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradiso

We will be there 3/4 - 3/9.

7. Re: Paradiso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay