We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking distance

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
walking distance

is the Westin resort within walking distance to the town in Cruz bay?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking distance

Not for most people!

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking distance

I wouldn't use the term walk. More like a very long hike. I would not recommend walking on the roads from the Westin to Cruz Bay.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: walking distance

I would say for most people in this heat with very few sections of road having a sidewalk that it would probably take 40 mins or so

Pia

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking distance

I agree with Pia.

The one thing STJ lacks is ped-friendly sidewalks. The road between the Westin and town is very busy.

When we stayed over there, my mom wouldn't even walk to town. In prior years, she regularly walked from Gibney to town and back and Gibney to Cinnamon and back. It wasn't the elevation or distance that bothered her between Westin/town, it was the traffic.

NC
Level Contributor
806 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking distance

Hey Stubby48 - if you're in good shape - its no worries.

But honestly, my husband & I are distance trail runners and we are still in 'awe' of Jacobs Ladder - totally kicks OUR butt; however, yes, you can walk it and many do!

Woodstock, New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking distance

You can walk it - IF you are ambitious. Make no mistake - Jacob's Ladder has a hand rail that you will use for BOTH directions. Up to help you pull yourself. Down to keep your feet from sliding out from under you. We stayed on the hillside that overlooks the Westin for a week in April and truthfully had no real problem with the walk. Just bring a flashlight and pay attention. We are 40s, relatively fit and like to "feel the burn". If you have kids I wouldn't recommend it though.

New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walking distance

I walked it last week because a few of my guests are staying there and I had the same question!.

It is walkable, if you are fit and mind the traffice. The side of the road with a side walk (STJ version) changes a few times.

The walk to town (down the hill), is easier than from town (up the hill).

I recomend an ice cold travelor to make it go quicker..

PS: A few people offerred me a ride( I wanted to say yes..), so maybe your walk will be a quick one.

- Liam

8. Re: walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 05:16