We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines to recommend?

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines to recommend?

We will be traveling from Oklahoma and hope to not spend

the whole day traveling. We did this going to St. Lucia and didn't arrive until after 9:00pm. I know we could stay in Miami or San Juan but we'd rather get to our destination. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines to recommend?

Go to Expedia or Orbitz. I use them all the time. I avoid San Juan airport if possible, but you may not be able to flying from Oklahoma. Getting to St Thomas is much easier than St Lucia.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines to recommend?

don't use orbitz as you won't pull American Airlines flights Use www.kayak.com

B.

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
749 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines to recommend?

Try www.itasoftware.com

You can list alternate airports in your search criteria. I'm not against driving hours to make the flights more palatable, but that's just me. It looks like Delta flies from Oklahoma City to STT with just one stop in ATL. CO & AA have two stops.

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines to recommend?

That OKC to STT thru ATL on Delta GottaDance found sounds like your best bet...but another alt. you might consider is flying out of DFW...there's an 8:30am flight on AA that gets to Miami at 12:20pm allowing you to make the 1pm flight to St. Thomas arriving at 3:40pm. You'll make the 5pm ferry from Red Hook arriving in Cruz Bay at 5:30pm.

Not sure where you live in Oklahoma, but I bet the drive from OKC to DFW airport early in the morning could be done in about 2-1/2 hours without exceeding the speed limit too badly. Might even be able to squeeze in a trip to Carl's Jr. :)

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlines to recommend?

Can you do Delta? Fly from OK to Atlanta and then from ATL to STT....depending on the time of year will be in STT at 2 or 3 pm!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airlines to recommend?

I would not recommend connecting in to Miami with only 40 min between flights.

B.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airlines to recommend?

Thank you all so much! I live 10 miles south of Tulsa but a drive

to OKC might be the way to go. I appreciate your advice.

NC
Level Contributor
788 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airlines to recommend?

Try to bypass going thru MIA or PR - notorious for missed flights - if you can, look for flights going thru ATL or CLT. Whenever possible, we go for US Air - we've had the least amount of 'issues' with this airline.

Oklahoma City...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Airlines to recommend?

We live in OKC and flew Continental and Delta. Delta was the way to go 1 connecting flight and saved half a day. Your stop will be in Atlanta. This year we are flying Continental just because of the price with 2 stops. Delta was much higher this year unfortunately.

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airlines to recommend?

JuSmith, Thought I would suggest checking out XNA. I'm in NWA, and because XNA is only regional, we always check out pricing from surrounding airports (MCI, TUL, OKC, LIT). We're going to St. John on June 29th, and our Delta flight turned out to be several hundred bucks cheaper out of XNA than TUL. Flight leaves XNA at 6am, connects through ATL, and arrives in STT just after 3pm...Not a bad amount of travel time!