We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
578 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

Hi all,

Which should we choose, Palm Terrace or Battery Hill condos? I've read the reviews and am still torn. We're 2 friends, 30s, want to be walking distance to restaurants, but plan to dive, beach, hike during the day. Appreciate any thoughts!

We had our hearts set on Grande Bay, but unfortunately there is nothing larger than a studio for the full week that I can find direct from an owner for our dates which are set (Nov 5-12), and we don't want to have to switch resorts midway. (Rates through the resort are too high to book direct.)

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Stamford...
Level Contributor
578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

Whoops, this just in.. we could get a Studio at Grande Bay whereas at Palm Terrace or Battery Hill we could get a 2 BDR, so we each have our own, and still be within budget.

So now my question is, is it worth it to stay at Grande Bay and be a little more cramped in a studio, or should we go for Battery Hill or Palm Terrace, and if BH or PT, which is better?

Thank you!!

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

Have you seen this Grande Bay condo?

caribbeanvilla.com/property/…

It looks like it's available on your dates with a 25% discount. Check it out!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

I stayed in a GB studio and it was quite large if you ask me. It had a queen bed and a nice size futon. Two ceiling fans and a nice balcony. Nice size flat screen TV, iPod docking station/alarm clock, and a washer dryer. It had a hotplate, microvave, blender, coffee maker. GB is nice because it is close to everything. Batterhill is up a steep but short hill. I am not sure where Palm Terrace is. I would go with the GB studio if all you are concerned about is a nice place to sleep and get clean after a day of activity.

New England
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

Battery Hill is high above Grande Bay with a slightly longer walk to town. Facing away from Cruz Bay, Palm Terrace is a bit quieter, newer and arguably more lux than either GB or BH, but a lesser view. All three are good choices if you want to be near the action in Cruz Bay.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

Thanks everyone!

Edited: 30 August 2011, 18:05
6. Re: Palm Terrace or Battery Hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay