We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinghy rental at Noah's Little Arks-Don't Recommend

Godfrey, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dinghy rental at Noah's Little Arks-Don't Recommend

In June 2012, my family took a Royal Caribbean cruise aboard the Allure of the Seas. One of the destinations was St. Thomas. Many people recommended going to St. John's. We decided not to book an excursion through the cruise line but instead to explore St. John's on our own. Through this forum we determined that renting a dingy out of Cruz Bay for our 6 person group would be an ideal way to explore the various bays on the island. Based on reviews we read, we decided to reserve a center console dinghy with a 60 horsepower Yamaha motor from Noah's Little Ark. I called and made a reservation and provided my credit card number. I was very clear that we would be arriving late in the morning because our cruise didn't dock in St. Thomas until 9 am and we would need to take the ferry from St. Thomas to St. John's. I was assured this was no problem because I had requested to rent the boat for a full day (and pay full price), even though I would only be using it for 4 hours.

We arrived at Noah's Little Ark on the day of our reservation around 11am and were informed that they did NOT have a reservation in our name and that all the boats had been rented out, explaining that there must have been a "miscommunication". They did call Calypso for us to see if they still had any boats but they did not. We were left standing on the beach with no boat. This was particularly discouraging because it had been quite a journey to even get to Noah's on St. John's. After debarking the cruise line, we took a 40 minute cab ride to Red Hook to catch the public ferry, then waited 40 minutes for the ferry to arrive, then took a 20 minute ferry ride to get to St. John's.

After finding out that Noah's did not honor our reservation, we took a taxi from Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay, which took another 20 minutes. Needless to say, by time our party arrived at the beach, we wished we had never heard of Noah's and that we had just booked a tour through the cruise line.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dinghy rental at Noah's Little Arks-Don't Recommend

I would most definitely put a daysail in the #1 spot over a dinghy rental!

12. Re: Dinghy rental at Noah's Little Arks-Don't Recommend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay