We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

Hercules, California
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

My wife and I are spending our 25th anniversary day at Charlotte Amalie with a noon appointment at the Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul.

What is the best way to spend our afternoon in Charlotte Amalie and see as much as possible. Or would it be a good strategy to also check out early in St. John and do some site-seeing before our 3:45 flight?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,840 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

Unless you like to shop I would go before your flight. A day seems like a long time t.

B.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

Is your departure day the same day as your anniversary? Or does your anniversary fall in the middle of your trip somewhere?

In either event, make alternative plans in case it's raining. I'd planned to spend our departure day in Charlotte Amalie, but it rained hard all day, so we spent most of the day at the airport instead. We didn't want to fly home drenched.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

In my opinion, there is some great stuff to see in Charlotte Amalie.

The synagogue is beautiful. 99 steps and Fort Christian are rich with history. The gades ( or passageways) have interesting architecture and there are some great restaurants as well.

Hercules, California
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

Our anniversary is two days into the trip. We will be there at the Cathedral, probably much of the late morning, and will have until 5:30 to walk around.

I'm sure there's plenty to see, and do.

5. Re: What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 19:05
6. Re: What to do with one day in Charlotte Amalie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay