We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reggae/ live music on the island

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
reggae/ live music on the island

Hi! I am getting married this saturday....WOOHOOO! we are having our reception dinner at ocean grille and then going to the tap room for a couple of drinks.. i know there's not a lot of "action" on the island but i was wondering if anyone knew of any live bands, specifically reggae or anything you can dance to on the island that evening? i'm not expecting any type of club scene, just a place we could dance and hear music. any suggestions?

someone mentioned a local band called inner visions? but i didn't see that they would be on the island on their schedule.

or better yet, what are the "livelier" bars on the island to have a little after party? :) thanks so much!!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

No Inner Visions reggae on the schedule, but you can see a well maintained live music schedule on Gerald Singer's web site:

http://seestjohn.com/arts_music.html

Cheers, RickG

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

Since Inner Visions isn't on the schedule for tonight and I know they are playing at High Tide, I sent Grasshopper a message about next Thursday. Will let you know ASAP what his response is- my guess is they are !

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

Ooooh. You up for some play time next Thursday? We have to turn the boat in Friday morning and Cruz Bay would work nicely for the night before.

Cheers, RickG

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

Inner Visions is playing Thursday 4/25 at High Tide!! Rick I will PM you on FB

Boston
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

Prutoo, you are in for a treat if you go see Inner Visions play!! They are fantastic! We actually find out when they are touring Massachusetts and go see them up here also. Enjoy and congrats!

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

I would recommend castaways if you have a rowdy crowd looking for a fun dive bar with dancing and drinks.

http://www.castawaystjohn.com/

7. Re: reggae/ live music on the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:18