We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to look for in snorkel gear?

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to look for in snorkel gear?

We are going to St John in February and want to buy some snorkel gear this time We rented last time. Just wondering what to look for in our snorkel gear when we purchase?

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
299 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to look for in snorkel gear?

I like shorty fins for travel ease. My husband has this set amazon.com/gp/… and i have this one amazon.com/gp/…

We have used them several times and the masks fit great. I was hesitant about shorty fins but they work great and are so easy to pack or carry on.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What to look for in snorkel gear?

The most important thing with a new mask is that it needs to be scrubbed clean. You can use paste (not gel) toothpaste or you can by mask cleaner. You need to scrub the glass HARD for at least a min. Rinse and repeat. I also do mine every so often even after the initial cleaning. If you do not do this it will fog. You really can't clean it too much.

B.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 22:11
Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What to look for in snorkel gear?

I use diluted dish washing soap. About one to ten. The advice about washing with tooth paste is good too.

I tried a dive shop for a prescription mask and the cheapest was $300.00. I can understand that kind of investment if you dive. For snorkeling, I got my stuff on line. I paid < $100 for my whole set including prescription mask.

14. Re: What to look for in snorkel gear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:16