We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

Narrowing down accommodations. Our initial pic of LaMer does not have air so hub said that's a deal breaker. We are now looking at Aqua Bay Villas, the la'Isla Amour unit (only one available) or Lavender Hill either unit 1W or 4W (only 1 brs left). Similar location and similar price and amenities. Any input on which is preferable? Both have mostly good reviews but some mixed reviews on both also as far at a bit tired. Realize these are not the top of the line villas and are close to town, which is what we want, but we also want clean, quiet and great customer service.

any input is appreciated. Hummingbird Villas was also mentioned but haven't looked at that too closely yet...

thank you!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
568 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

Aqua Bay is past Lavender Hill, up over the crest and halfway down the very steep hill to Frank Bay. So definitely a longer, hillier walk, but still pretty close to town. I've never been inside either place, so can't help you there.

Alabamastan
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

We stayed at Lavender Hill a couple of years ago and are doing so again next year. (unit 3w, a one bedroom). I had no issues, the management was friendly, the unit was clean and didn't seem dated to me. The pool was clean and warm. Best of all, we could leave the jeep in the parking lot and walk into Cruz Bay.

Can't help you with Aqua Bay, but Lavender Hill is a great place to stay.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

Thanks.. decided on aqua bay. The only one br units at lh were very dated...circa 1980s and 90s according to the manager..and the price was higher than aqua bay. We needed to decide pretty quick regarding accommodations since we just found good last minute air a couple days ago and will be coming on Nov 9. The owner at aqua bay has bee more than helpful so far.

4. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 22:39
5. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 22:41
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
568 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

debij61, where did you post your review? Please don't just say "On TA site." I have a very hard time with the TA interface and have never had much luck finding reviews of specific properties. A link would be nice. Thanks.

7. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 22:42
Edited: 25 November 2013, 22:42
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

Debijio61 - we had a very similar experience in FL and I wanted to leave but our companions (relatives) thought it was perfectly acceptable so why bother. It was that trip that I realized how much expectations come into play. For someone that lives with pill-balled bedding at home, why would it bother them on vacation?

(The worst part about the FL trip is that when sitting by the pool, I met a couple of women who raved how beautiful their units where, all brand new everything for the same price as ours.)

However, when I encountered worse in the Finger Lakes, I wouldn't let my husband bring the luggage across the doorstep!

It sounds like you really did your research prior to your trip, which I am sure made the situation even more disappointing/frustrating.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

i was taken aback because of the good reviews and then comparing the pics to what we saw when we arrrived. we really did try to be ok there but it didnt work. when my husband complains i know things are not good, he is a camper, hunter, fisherman outdoorsy type and does not ask for much but he does want clean and at least somewhat cool with the a/c, and those were two things we were assured this would be. we are somewhat anal about clean but also realize this is an island...there will be insects, sand, etc....we weren't trying to be prima donnas. and after re-reading all of the reviews it occurs to me that they might not be "real" as far as people who stayed there. i did converse with someone who i believe was an actual patron of ABV (he had about 70 reviews so seemed much more trustworthy)....when the majority of the people reviewing only reviewed this one place it leads you to be suspicious. there was also another post on the st. john forum that gave a glowing long extensive review of this place and some of the regular posters called the person out on it because it seemed suspicious that someone who had never given any type of review or posted on hthe forum gave such an intensive first time post of a property. its really hard to know whether the pics are true representation of units or not. i've found it pays to ask alot of questions upfront and to get first hand information from others who have stayed there.

10. Re: Aqua Bay Villas La'Isla Amour or Lavender Hill 1W or 4W

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 22:43
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay