We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

Planning a BVI excursion for our trip in May. Definately want t to go to The Baths & Soggy Dollar. Not really into snorkeling, just a fun day with beautiful scenery. Which one do people recommend? Both seem to be quite popular.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

We went on the Stormy Petrel and it was great. Very small group (6 - 8 people) and the crew was wonderful. The one we went on didn't go to JVD. After the Baths we went to Cooper Island for lunch (beautiful & great food) and then snorkeled the Indians (very, very worth doing).

Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

Stormy Petrel would be my choice much more relaxing

-Ron- stjohnspice

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

Relaxing is what we want!! Thanks

New England, USA
Level Contributor
140 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

I haven't done Bad Kitty, but did a large excursion on Kekoa and a small one on Stomy Petrel. Kekoa is a lovely boat, but the personal attention of the smaller group, the wisdom of our Capt. Rick and Mate Kerry was fabulous. Hands down our favorite excursion next year. Planning to use them again!

Powhatan, Virginia
Level Contributor
421 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

I did the Bad Kitty back in March of 2010. It was FAST and fun. Not sure I would call it relaxing, but the day trip was excellent.

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
682 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

Another vote for Stormy Petrel.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
294 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

It's been probably four years but we did the Stormy Petrel and loved it. The only thing I'd say is that the Bad Kitty is much faster, so you'll spend less time on the island and less in the boat.

8. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 12:48
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

I always recommend Pia from this forum for guests needing assistance with booking charters (she books all of our trips) she does an amazing job at finding the perfect fit for your group.

Pirates Penny and Stormy Petrel are great boats with great crew - Bad Kitty is faster but can tend to be a bit crowded with as many as 30 guests onboard - we prefer the smaller numbers if we don't rent private.

Michael

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stormy Petrel or Bad Kitty

I've been out with Stormy Petrel on a few occasions, and they are great.

Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay