We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Rentals

New Auburn...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Winter Rentals

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding a rental from January thru April or May and what $$ there going for? Thanks for the help.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Rentals

That's high season, so you are going to have to do some homework. What are your must haves, etc and most important what's your budget?

Check www.stjohnusvi.com for most of the rental management companies, but also check VRBO. You will get a discount for a long term rental, but don't expect to find something for $1000/month.

New Auburn...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Rentals

Thanks, was thinking a couple grand a month but that probably doesn't get much there.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Rentals

Honestly, I don't think I can even find anything around that cost for a week. Remember, you have to pay the VI tax on top of the rent.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Rentals

More information? How many bedrooms; where on the island; etc. People live on the island for less than $1000 per month so any details you can share would be helpful.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Rentals

Call Scenic Properties our St John long term rental company and they will be able to give you an idea of cost and availability but most will come with a 6 month (if not 1 year) minimum lease.

Pia

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
311 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter Rentals

I noticed rental properties on the board at Connections in Coral Bay. There was a 'shack' (their words) for $500/month and others for $1000/month. I would take the shack for sure to be there long term!

Edited: 31 March 2014, 13:26
Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
180 Reviews
St. John
Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
695 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Winter Rentals

$1000/mo isn't going to get you something you'll likely enjoy! Also, be sure to ask about internet/tel/cable. Setting up those services can sometimes take longer than Stateside. And then there's water ...check the cistern level. Check the location and parking.

I'd budget min $1,500+/mo plus utilities. Electric bills are high here. And I think you'll likely run into a 1 yr lease requirement ...or switch up and choose low season months when there's likely a higher vacancy rate.

St. John
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Winter Rentals

You should check Century Hill Estates, Lori Crandall is owner/manager. She has efficiency studios and it will cost around $1500. including utilities etc. Has a pool, parking and laundry room. Are you going to rent a car for the winter too? Another expense to factor in. This is the best deal I know of for short term furnished rentals.

crandallonstjohn.com/us-virgin-islands-st-jo…

New Auburn...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Winter Rentals

Thanks for all the help folks! Appreciate it.

10. Re: Winter Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay