We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palmhill - Amex question

Harrisburg
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Palmhill - Amex question

We are considering going down to Caneel for Thanksgiving.

Concerning the breakfast - does this apply to the entire breakfast buffet or just the cold side? My husband is a huge breakfast man and could never stand NOT to have eggs and meat.

We keep getting applications for the plat card and I just might upgrade if it gets us breakfast and lunch.

new jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Palmhill - Amex question

We also receive the same perks at Caneel as a result of booking our stay through Virtuoso.....

BPT
Atlanta
Level Contributor
424 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Palmhill - Amex question

Has anyone ever received a room upgrade with Am Ex? Did you all get the lunch buffet too?

We booked Caneel through Virtuoso in June, my sons honeymoon in April and my brother at Peter Island in June. None of us came close to an upgrade. Wondered if AX was any luckier. In Virtuoso's defense, I do have to admit that these were all busy times at these hotels. The lunch buffet is an extra perks we did not receive to Virtuoso.

Houston Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Palmhill - Amex question

Has anyone tried an Amex Centurion(Black) card at Caneel? Any above and beyond perks?

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Palmhill - Amex question

The platinum amex does give one complimentary lunch for two at the beach buffet per room ,per stay.I usually go during peak season so they do not have the ability to upgrade and we stay beachfront. This past vacation we stayed at Scott in the premium room no upgrade and I prefer the room we had on hawknest .The black Amex doesn't give anything above platinum during the peak holiday,repeat business and customer loyalty will often give some extra perks.First timers will rarely get an upgrade.

15. Re: Palmhill - Amex question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay