We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Caneel

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Little Caneel

We are going in June and have reserved an oceanfront room. The gal in resers said we will have a room on Little Caneel. We would love to get some feedback on this location (good/bad). We are not that picky but sunset is important to us.

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Caneel

You should have a decent view of sunset. But, there are many great sunset views around the property. Try Scott Beach or go for drinks at the Turtle Beach bar. There is a great terrace there to view the sunset, and there usually is a nice presentation of cheeses, etc. Little Caneel is next to the resort dock so it can be a little noisy, and there is some coming and going of boats during the day. You are also near the main buildings of the resort so no need to walk far to the main office, beach grill/bar or the beach terrace restaurant. You can check out location on download of resort layout from website. Enjoy your stay

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Caneel

The beachfront rooms sit above little Caneel and do not provide true oceanfront access.You need to walk down a flight of stairs which is different from stepping directly off of your porch onto the sand.The rooms are larger than your typical beachfront room but there is a convenience trade off...if you leave anything in the room you need to traipse up the stairs to retrieve it.The sunsets are very nice from these rooms.

BPT
Atlanta
Level Contributor
420 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Caneel

Palmhill - you seem to be familiar with ALL of the rooms at Caneel so I'm looking for your opionion! I just booked Beachfront on Caneel Beach asking for #21 or higher to be down on the far side away from the front desk. We want to be beachfront and still be near everything (bar/restaurant) so didn't want Hawksnest or Turtle. We stopped by Caneel at New Year's and Caneel Beach was so crowded that I would not have wanted to stay there then - no privacy. But we'll be there the 3rd week of June which is never that crowded.

So....are those beachfront rooms fairly ok? Supposedly they've been renovated. My son just got back from his honeymoon last Friday. They were in Premium OV and had a big room with an additional sitting room. A Rosewood agent told me yeserday that all the rooms are pretty much the same, just different locations. I was surprised to hear her say that after reading so many different descriptions on this forum. Just curious what you think!

miamon - the only negative thing I've read about Little Caneel is the Iguanas lounging all over the stairs and on decks. We stayed in house out past the Westin one year and it was almost overrun with big big Iguanas. Creeps me out now! But some love them.

WNC
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Caneel

had a good stay in Caneel 16. Right at waters edge!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little Caneel

My husband and I spend a week in May 2006 in room 25 on Caneel Beach. Room 25 is the last room in the group of ocean front rooms on Caneel Beach. We enjoyed having a side door to our porch which exited to an open area in front of the beach. The room was nice, but I don't think it had been remodeled when we were there. We loved the fact that we were only a few steps away from the beach and enjoyed sitting on our porch at night and listening to the sound of the water. We hope to go back to Caneel again in the next few years and would definitely request room 25.

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little Caneel

BPT, I have stayed in every room category or had family members in each room type. The biggest difference is the rooms up above little caneel are larger than the rooms on caneel,scott, hawksnest or turtle.All of the beachfront rooms have been renovated.I like the first floor rooms at hawksnest because we like the early morning sun and snorkeling and the privacy on hawksnest You are right about the crowds on the main caneel beach during the holiday season.The beach is open to the public and many non-hotel guests come by to visit...they are all directed to the main beach.What # room on premium ocean view did your family stay in.Was it renovated yet?My sister was in a non-renovated room over the holidays and it was smaller than our beachfront room. Essentially all of the rooms are the same size on a single beach, the size differs depending on which beach you are on but not by alot of square feet. We spend most of our time out of the room on the beach so I guess it is a matter of preference.

7. Re: Little Caneel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay
Recent Conversations