We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy beer

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Where to buy beer

Headed to Caneel Bay in May 2012. Where does one get their supply of beer? Can we get it in STT before getting on the ferry to Caneel or is there somewhere on St. John to purchase beer. We are not planning on renting a car. Hubby likes to have a couple beers while sitting on the beach.

Thanks

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy beer

Plenty of places to buy beer on St John. Pine Peace Market has the best prices. It is located on the left side of the road after the Marketplace on the way to the Westin. You can also get beer in the Marketplace (where Starfish Market is) or Dolphin Market at the roundabout. All are located in Cruz Bay. Dolphin market is closest to Caneel.

If you are taking the Red Hook ferry rather than the Caneel ferry, you can get beer at the market across the road from the RH dock before boarding the ferry.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy beer

I would take a taxi into Cruz Bay and pick up the beer, soft drinks and muchies at Starfish Market

If you haven't already arranged for a small refrigerator for you room with Caneel. Do so ASAP

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy beer

Just get your beer at the airport and let the Caneel staff transport it to your room for you.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy beer

There is a small liquor store type of thing at baggage claim. We picked up a bunch of bottles of wine there during our last Caneel trip. Take a sturdy canvas or other suitable bag along, the plastic shopping bags were a mess.

Also, you could ask for Caneel to have beer (and a fridge) delivered to your room. We do this each trip. (I rather shop for my own wine)

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy beer

Thank you, I will email Caneel and see if they can have beer at the ready for us. If not there doesn't seem to be a lack of stores to buy our goodies!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
582 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy beer

Pine Peace...the cheapest and is open late.

7. Re: Where to buy beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:40
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay