We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms on Hawksnest

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Rooms on Hawksnest

I just found out we have a room on Hawksnest Beach. Has anyone stayed there at the end of May? What did you think of the rooms?

Just like to hear of what others have to say! You can tell I am a first timer!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

I haven't stayed in those rooms, but I will say that for my money, Hawksnest has far and away the most beautiful scenery that Caneel has to offer.

NY metro
Level Contributor
566 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

I have stayed there twice in the past 3 years. Though not at the end of May.

Nice snorkeling at either end of the beach. Turtles in the grass just off shore. A quiet beach w/o a lot of folk wandering in. My fave was a ground floor corner unit. Spacious patios both front and rear. A very quiet area during both my visits. Morning sun and afternoon shade. I enjoyed it very much.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

A nice feature about the Hawksnest rooms is there are patios/balconies on each side of the room. We turned the AC off and openned the doors for a wonderful breeze. Our last stay was in an upper, end unit. We liked being on the second floor. On the first floor, you will walk right out on to the beach.

Hawksnest rooms are close to the tram stop.

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

Thank you! Sounds like I made the right choice!

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

I stayed in a ground floor unit at the beginning of May '09. It might have been #111, not sure. The room location was great. Great breezes and steps off the beach. The breeze helps keep mosquitos away. Plus the lower units have a bigger porch/patio on the beach side of the room with a nice overhang for those passing showers.

The only down side is that the beach loses sun in the afternoon. But, you are steps away from Scott beach which has sun in the pm. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
167 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

Do we need two rooms at Caneel for 2 adults, two kids, and a baby?

7. Re: Rooms on Hawksnest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2012, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay