We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Mill Restaurant

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Sugar Mill Restaurant

I have a 7:30 PM reservation at the Sugar Mill on 5/23/12. I wanted to have a great 25th anniversary meal and watch the sunset. Can you tell me if 7:30 is too late for a sunset reservation? Sorry if this seems to be a silly question!

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

The only Suger Mill restaurant I know is on Tortola. Do you mean the Equator at Caneel?? 7;30 seems late for a sunset to me. 6:30 sounds more likely to be right.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
591 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

Check sunset time online! It's usually earlier than 7:30!

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

The Equator used to be called the Sugar Mill, and it is built on top of the mill round.

Late May sunset are close to 7:00.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

Melia4's statement may be true, but the Sugar Mill used to be the Equator and is currently called the Sugar Mill.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

Our last couple of trips to Caneel the Equator, as it was known then, didn't open early enough to catch sunset during dinner. So, what we did was have a nice relaxing drink on the Sunset Terrace and watch the sun set and then head up to dinner afterwards, it wasn't quite the same but it was a nice experience in itself.

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

I emailed CB and the Sugar Mill restaurant opens at 6:30 PM so I've asked to change my reservation till then and as Wishiwasinghevi mentioned, grab a drink on the terrace before hand. CB has been excellent in responding to my emails and requests!

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

I wasn't aware that they had reverted back to the name the restaurant had from c1965 to c1990.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

They've also changed the name of the "Self Centre" to "M'Ocean Studio." A bit cutesy for my tastes, but I don't go there anyway.

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

Bit cutesy for me too--but "Centre" was a bit pretentious for me, so I guess I'm hard to please.

10. Re: Sugar Mill Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:18