We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtside Rooms?

New York City
9 posts
Save Topic
Courtside Rooms?

We are going to Caneel bay for the first time on August 6. We booked the Courtside room because of budget restraints. We were told that there might be a free upgrade depending on availability because it's off season.

If it's not free, can anyone give us feedback on whether we should splurge and get an upgrade?

Thanks.

Northeast
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtside Rooms?

The only reason I won't book Courtside is that there might be someone overhead (and they really won't let you choose actual rooms, unless something has changed recently). That really bothers me, but if it doesn't bother you, then no big deal.

I prefer Garden View for the stone arch doorway and stone shower/bathrooms. They are more authentic caribbean than any other rooms at the hotel IMO.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtside Rooms?

I can't compare the two types of rooms, but wanted to let you know that we booked the courtside rooms for our stay in June and were upgraded to a gardenview room. We were told that the resort was at 80% capacity when we were there. We had requested a 2nd floor courtside room to try to ensure that there wouldnt be anyone above us for the reasons mentioned by the other poster. I know there is no guarantee, but just wanted to let you know that we were in the same situation, and did get upgraded.

Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtside Rooms?

As Laura has said, you can request a certain location but there is no guarantee. I have been told by the staff that if you call the resort directly with your request, you have a better shot at getting the location you want. We've never stayed in Gardenview or Courtside, but the Gardenview rooms are beautiful, so if you get the upgrade, take it!

By the way, I think you can specifically request a room if it is a unique room and get that request guaranteed, but we're talking Cottage 7 and the Premium Beachfront Suite so it's at the high end.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtside Rooms?

We have stayed in the premium courtside rooms on the lower level (and will be returning aug 4! Yay!) and even though the family above us had small children the noise was minimal. Much less than the noise from the unit above us at Grande Bay.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Courtside Rooms?

Thanks for all your replies.

When we got to their reception lounge at the airport, the woman there spoke to Sophia on the phone who told her that they couldn't give us a free upgrade to the garden room.

Instead, for $72 a night, including all taxes and fees, we were upgraded to number 5 BEACHFRONT at the end of Little Caneel Bay. It was a beautiful room. One of the oldest with a stone wall which lent it great characterl. Quiet, private, and steps from our own little beach.

Thank you Sophia. It says a lot about the kind of place this is, and the people who work there!

By the way, Caneel Bay is as great as everyone says. The breakfast? You won't believe it. Watch out for those home baked pastries.

Everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime

Edited: 14 August 2012, 18:35
Northeast
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Courtside Rooms?

Nambra - Glad you had a good time :) Caneel really is special.

Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Courtside Rooms?

On our first trip to Caneel we stayed in #6. The Little Caneel location is a little too busy for us with the boats at the dock, but we love the rooms and the beach. The snorkel from Little Caneel to Honeymoon is one we do everytime we go. Plus, so convenient to the Beach Bar!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time Nambraf. Can't wait for our next visit!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Courtside Rooms?

So glad to hear that you loved your trip.

Those rooms along Little Caneel look very nice. We walked along there when going to Honeymoon. What a great (low-cost) upgrade.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Courtside Rooms?

They are nice. And we had the last one near the guardhouse, away from the dock and all the action. It was very quiet.

We were very happy with the upgrade. It was an amazing deal.

10. Re: Courtside Rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay