We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast

Boston
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Breakfast

Will be visiting Caneel Bay in a few weeks, and have heard that the breakfast buffet is wonderful. Just wondering if anyone knows what the cost per person currently is for this?

Thanks so much!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast

Last time we were there for breakfast was a year ago. I think it was $27 pp. There is a huge variety of items.

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
273 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast

I think cleobeach1 is fairly accurate. But, if you are inclined, ask if there is a lesser charge for just the cold buffet. That includes beverages, breads, cereals, yogurts, fruits, pastries. Caneel used to have this as an option. Remember ask first and make sure your server knows what option you chose.

When are you going? I will be there from 4/3 thru 4/9. If you are going after that I will try to get more accurate info. Enjoy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast

$32 per person, just went a couple weeks ago. Plus gratuity. It's a very nice buffet, just pricey.

We went once, were suitably impressed, then made a trip to Cruz Bay later that day and bought a week's worth of breakie stuff--yogurts, OJ, granola, etc. For the price of buffet for two of us, we had a week's worth of food. I would walk to the bar every morning and fill a couple mugs with fresh coffee, then back to the room for coffee and breakfast.

The Monday night seafood buffet is amazing. I'm not usually a fan of seafood buffets, but this one was incredible. $85/pp, and you get your money's worth. Lobster, fish, prime rib, chicken, plus more sides than you can handle. And the lobster was real, not scallop or shark lobster.

Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast

The complimentary breakfast has juice, the same types of rolls and bread (for the most part) that are served on the buffet, coffee and I think they may have cereal. It's in the breezeway at the front reception area. You do have to get up early. There is good coffee in the room, at least there was last time I was there. We've always had a room price that included breakfast so I've never done the continental, though I am an early riser...I've seen it being enjoyed by many on my morning runs.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast

What would my husband wear to the Caneel Bay Monday night buffet? Would cargo shorts and a collared shirt and sandals be okay?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast

The Monday night buffet is set in the same area as the breakfast buffet, which is the most casual setting in all of Caneel Bay. Darn near anything is ok, including shorts & sandals.

Not true of the other restaurants, but the buffets are super casual.

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast

How is the lobster served? All you can eat? Do you have to wait in a line for a lobster, then get at the end to get another one? To me, $85 pp means a lot of lobster as well as other fresh high quality seafood.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast

Served in the shell, but cracked open. Easy to eat, no muss no fuss. It was served at the entree section of the buffet, where the prime rib, lobster, fish, etc was served. There was no line, nothing like a Vegas buffet for example. There was at most a person or two in front of you, perusing the choices. The problem was not the wait for the food (there wasn't any), but how to not eat so much you make yourself sick. :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast

We were at the buffet during high season and the wait was minimal. The staff knows how to keep it moving along. I did see some people walking away with two on their plate, I suppose they requested a double serving.

And yes, it was all you care to eat.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 14:19
Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast

OK great. We just booked the Reef Bay hike on our Monday on island, to work off some of the calories we'll consume that evening. Are reservations necessary?