We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caneel, Old and New Management?

Northeast
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Caneel, Old and New Management?

Has anyone stayed at Caneel recently, and also previously stayed at Caneel under the old management? I'm wondering if there was any difference. Thanks!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caneel, Old and New Management?

There have been a few changes that most people seem to think are improvements (ZoZo's has moved into the Sugar Mill location, and there's now a coffee shop/gelato stand). The one change I know of that I consider a loss is that they now charge $10 per day for a refrigerator in the room. But if you stayed there before, I don't think it will seem very different.

NY metro
Level Contributor
566 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caneel, Old and New Management?

Much of the old Rosewood team is still in place. I have noticed an increased managerial nimbleness.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caneel, Old and New Management?

I haven't stayed there under the new management yet but when dining at the Beach Terrace during our last trip, there was a noticeable, positive change in service. It also appeared that the assistant managers were quick to bus tables and deliver food and drinks.

Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Caneel, Old and New Management?

We just got back from a week there and have been going since 1986 which means we have experienced every different management there (our first trip when Rockresorts was still in charge remains the standard by which all others are measured, of course). By the way, I finally checked on the exact date of our first trip. I had thought it was close to 30 but couldn't remember. Now I'm ready for a blowout stay in 2016!

The resort is in great shape, the staff is friendly and very responsive and accommodating. The food at Turtle Bay was the best we've ever had there. (They are open some nights during the week. The schedule is decided weekly so check with the desk.) I had a brief discussion with the Managing Director at the Monday reception and he thought things were going very well from his perspective. He said it was so much easier communication and response from the higher ups now, as ngatti mentioned. On another side note, they are waiting for approval from NPS before proceeding with renovations. They have done two rooms. I think I know where one is but I didn't circle back and ask him if that was the case.

5. Re: Caneel, Old and New Management?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay