We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtside Rooms - advice please

chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Courtside Rooms - advice please

We are staying in a courtside room due to budget contraints.

Does anyone have any advice regarding which courtside rooms might be better than others, especially as it relates to size, noise, views, or anything else that matters?

Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade from a courtside room to a tennis room during the high season (Feb.)?

Thanks much for any and all advice!

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtside Rooms - advice please

I would ask for an upstairs corner room as opposed to a room on the first floor which is abit noisier.Any room at caneel will be less then a ten minute walk to a beautiful beach so don't fret.Upgrades are few and far between especially for newbies in high season but you never know.Good luck!

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtside Rooms - advice please

Upstairs is better. But, I recall some of these rooms are in detached cottages with 2 units in each. This is in the area near and around the building that now houses the exercise equipment. If I am correct I suggest you seek one of those as they are more private than the 2 story multi-unit building. Hope this is helpful.

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtside Rooms - advice please

I checked a resort map. The rooms in cottages may be in the Tennis Garden category.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtside Rooms - advice please

The cottage (2 unit) rooms up in that area are in the Tennis Garden room catagory. Only the 2 story building is considered Courtside.

The Tennis Garden ones that are in the cottages are really large rooms and the last ones on the map are huge!

I recall seeing a post a while back that recommended the upper corner Courtside room that was larger than the rest. If you hunt around you maybe able to find the post, giving the exact room to request.

5. Re: Courtside Rooms - advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 05:28
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay