We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather late september - october in Bahamas

north yorkshire
7 posts
Save Topic
Weather late september - october in Bahamas

Hi

My family and I are wanting to go to the bahamas from 23rd September to 7th october, i know it is supposed to be hurricane season but just wondering if we went would it spoil our holiday? I've heard mixed reports about the weather! If it rains does it just rain for a short while then stop? And is the weather still warm enough to get a good tan?

Sorry for all the questions but we have never been before and would like a good family holiday, i also heard that most of the island is shut down this time of year is this true? Also wondering as there is going to be ten adults what is the cheapest way of getting accommodation in paradise beach, villa or hotel? i would be very grateful if anybody could assist me with some of my questions.

Thank you, Nicola

Seekonk, MA
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather late september - october in Bahamas

This is the best whether of the year, if there is no hurricane. We went in October, the water is still warm. the whether is not to hot. As for being shut down, I did not find anything closed. As for accomendations I cannot recommend until you describe what your looking for. The cheapest are the Nassau Beach (being torn down soon don't know if they are keeping it up) or the Wydham. On Paradise Island you basically have Atlantis, Harbor Side, the RIU or Paradise Harbor Resort. On cable beach, your have Sandels, Breezes and the Sheradon, besides what I mentioned above.

Bahamas
Level Contributor
935 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather late september - october in Bahamas

I'm sorry ; I've been watching this post and have felt guilty for not responding earlier (waiting for additional "tourists" to weigh in) , but from the point of view of locals of which I'm one (30+ years) the timing weather-wise is the worst possible. This, regardless of hurricanes.

You can still, of course, have a wonderful holiday, but if at all possible, postpone until after October 15 or later. The rains before then, are heavy and long lasting and the humidity at its worst; let me add, the humidity, obviously, doesn't bother all visitors ~ particularly those from cold climes. Locals on the other hand try to get away and stay away until November. The "annual" visitors never come before November.

In fact , since it seems to be important, the period you are looking at, is also the worst for tanning. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all of September is the least favorite month and in terms of physical comfort, none of us expect relief before October 15.

But sometimes we can't be choosy when planning holiday dates. The above is offered only in the case that you can be.

north yorkshire
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather late september - october in Bahamas

Thank you very much for your replies! we booked up last night ,but i'm sure we will make the most of it and it will be a great experience!

thanks again Nicola

the place that i...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather late september - october in Bahamas

Nicola,

Did you end up going anyway despite the bad reviews regarding the weather? If so, Can you please tell me what your experience was because I am planning my honeymoon for september 29th to october 7th

5. Re: Weather late september - october in Bahamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 19:20