We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abaco boat rentals

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Abaco boat rentals

I'll be in Marsh Harbor on May 3rd. I was researching boat rentals and found Rainbow rentals. This is the least expensive at $110/day.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

Sunset Marine And Boat Rentals
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Fishing Charters & Tours
Atlantis II Yacht Charters
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Private Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Day Trips
Bahama Kayak
Water Sports, Boat Hire, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abaco boat rentals

You aren't by any chance "Papa" from the NYC TA forum are you? If so, good luck. If not, we have rented from Sea Horse and Island Marine and had good boats and good service from both. I would not necessarily recommend Rich's unless you are NY Papa.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abaco boat rentals

No I'm not that Papa. Just PAPAFOX.

Can any of you also recommend a few good picturesque secluded beaches to visit? Just like you see in calendar photos and on Survivor! Lat/Long coordinates would be great since I'll be using a GPS to navigate.

Thanks.

sc
Level Contributor
741 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abaco boat rentals

we have spent a few nice afternoons on Tahiti Bch, Elbow Cay (Abacos) great as its only accessable by water. The other side is great too as it opens to the sea and you see lots of fish. Worth a few pics.

Also I love the long isolated stretch in front of the Hawks Nest on Cat Island, which is a great place to eat/stay.

Sorry I dont know about the co-ordinates you will have to find those yourself.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abaco boat rentals

Rosiesc,

Is Tahiti Beach on the ocean side or Harbor side? I ask because none of the rental companies allow the boats to be taken on the atlantic side.

Thanks for the help everyone

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abaco boat rentals

Look at these sites for some aerial orientation that might help:

www.marina.com/view/overview/275

www.marinas.com/view/inlet/401

You can anchor your boat in about 2 feet or more of water (depending on tide time) and wade all around some nice area that I call the tip of Tahiti but I may be wrong about the name- across from Lubber's Cay on the Sea of Abaco side (not the Atlantic)- very nice place to just sit on a sandbar or float around. You would want to go to Guana Cay also and just tie your boat up at one of the public piers in the harbour, walk across the hill on the Nipper's path and walk down the beach (Atlantic) there which is very nice. I am sure you can see pictures on Nippers website but they will probably be pictures with lots of people in the bar- not always like that depending on the day of the week or time of day. The ocean beach in front of the Hopetown Harbour Lodge on Elbow is a nice area for a walk and snorkel (and lunch,drinks and a dip in their pool)- you can tie up at the dock at the Harbour Lodge. I would go to Little Harbour, also- get directions to Pete's Pub then go to the Atlantic Beach there- it was very rough the times I have been there but I don't know if it is always that way. The beach in front of the Abaco Inn can be pretty, too, depending on the day. I like Man-O-War for wandering around the sail shop and having lunch and exploring the island on foot.

6. Re: Abaco boat rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 15:16