We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for mermaidgirl

Chicago, Il
6 posts
Save Topic
Question for mermaidgirl

Thanks for your reply about the shark diving. My wife and I are staying at the hilton as well. Can you give me some of your feedback on your stay there as well as what to do in the area, where to eat, etc?

Aquaquest Escapes
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Private Tours
Ocean Fox Cotton Bay
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Paradise RoyalSea Adventures
Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Shark Diving, Boat Tours
Unexso
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving
CARROLLTON, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for mermaidgirl

JBOY, we had a wonderful stay at the Hilton. My husband travels alot so we were stayed with Hilton pts. We had access to the executive level so we at breakfast most mornings there before we went diving and had drinks there at night from 5:30 to 6:30. Alchol, soft drinks and finger food. There is alittle resturant across the street called the Imperial that has great handburgers, fish sandwiches, etc for very good prices. About $3 for hamburger and $1.25 for fries. We would get back from diving and be tired so we would get the food to go and eat in our room. We kept a small folding cooler in the room with sodas and would chill for a while. The pool is nice and the beach is okay. The water is very salty in Nassau and it was not as pleasant to swim in with out a mask on. We did snorkel on the beach there and saw some nice fish. Do not let the looks of the Imperial stop you from getting some of there food. All the bussiness men visiting the Hilton will tell you it is great. Not really made to sit and eat in but there are tables you can sit at. The resturant next to it is high and the survice is slow. Food not great. We walked to the Pasta Market 2 nights and have very good food there. We had a rental car so we could drive to the dive shop each day the first week and had the dive shop pick us up the other days. The breakfast buffet was very good at the Hilton and was about $15.00 but since my husband is a gold member at Hilton we got it for $6.00. I went to the spa at the hotel one day as I started having trouble with my ears and could not dive. Had a great massage and pedicure. The ears were the reason I did not do shark feeding. Everyone at the hotel were nice and we had a great corner room with a view of ocean. Food at pool area was not good to me though alot of people were eating there. Downtown Nassau typical cruise area lots of shops that close about 5. I am not a big shopper, (how many Gucci bags can you look at?) but the straw market is a site you need to see. Always bargain beacause they will make a deal. You can walk to port and take a ferry over to Paradise Island. Senior Frogs is you like that scene is just around corner. We have 13 yr old so we did not do the nite scene. Club at the hotel was really rocking on Friday night. Lots of weddings during our stay. Fun to watch the wedding party on the beautiful staircase. We went to another pasta place on Cable Beach that was good. It took about 15 min in car. If you have any other questions just let me know. Have fun!!!

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island