We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

Madrid- Spain
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

We´re from madrid-Spain and are planning to a cruise with stop at nassau. My kid is mad about dolphins and his birthday is in August when we are going. Is there a way we can do dolphin swim and atlantis resort and be able to use their pools? Whats the weather like arround 30th July to 3rd August? Is there something more intresting than these tours?

Chicago
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

Unless you can book through cruise line, book the dolphin swim in advance.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

Getting to blue lagoon, doing the orientation then the swim and then getting back will be around three to four hours.

If your child is old enough the swim is much better than the encounter (check out link for differences).

You will not be able to use the Atlantis pools unless you rent a room.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

I just got back from a four night cruise in the Bahamas with Royal Caribbean. My Mom and I toured Atlantis. We paid $29 each for unlimited access to the facility. This does NOT include the pools, slides, lagoons or beaches; however it was not very crowed and the staff let us sit on the beach for an hour. The beach is lovely and the Atlantis can take up to four hours to really tour. There are caves and tunnels and aquariums all over the place. The dolphin swim is very expensive, but two girls on our cruise said they loved it. Booked it with the cruise ship. A suggestion for the Atlantis is to book a room at either at the Atlantis or the comfort suites. The comfort suites guests are allowed full access to the Atlantis facilities; however this would only be worth the money if you planned to spend the whole day there. I have seen the comfort suites and the Atlantis offer specials that are affordable.

Madrid- Spain
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

Thanks for info. When we arrive it will be my son´s birthday surprise with regards to dolphin swim. I have never done a cruise, never been to U.S.A. and as air fares from Europe are expensive we will be doing a lot. Could you please be so kind as to answer some questions?

Is the cruise worth it?

(we are planning to do the 4 day bahama cruise by royal carabbian).

In spain you don´t have to pay tips how much does that add up to on a cruise?

What meals are included?. It´s not that clear.

The offers at port excursions do not include swim with dolphins at Nassau.

Atlantis Resort, I will be going with a 11 old child, I think I will hire a room at comfort suites. try to tell a child he can´t use pool or beach, I can imagen his face right now!!!

After the awful views of hurricanes in the news, I´m a bit worried about our traveling dates (It´s the only time we can go)30th of July to 20th of August.

Our plans are 28th-30th Miami

30th July-3rd August Bahama cruise

Miami- Orlando drive? are the roads safe?

Am I too much of a pain? sorry but if you want some info about Spain - Madrid ask me

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

The 4 day Bahamas cruise is fun. Is your ship the majesty of the seas? That is the one I just got back from. The boat is a smaller older boat not as nice as the newer larger ones, smaller pools, but the old ships have a cinema and I think that is good for an 11 year old. All the movies are edited so no bad language. End of July should be excellent weather, but very HOT. This was an unusual year record breaking year for hurricanes, we usually do not have this many and this early. Do not worry; if there is a hurricane the cruise ships will change plans. Cruise ships never sail into a storm.

Tips for a 4 day cruise for 3 people will be approximately $120 total or $39 each. That is recommended, more of less is up to you, tips includes room stewards, head waiter, assistant waiter and table waiter. Of course if you never use the dinning room you do not need to tip your waiters, but the dinners are a wonderful experience. Food is GREAT.

Are you only going on the ship? If you have extra time, I recommend staying a few days in Miami. Love Miami, so much to do and see and the water is beautiful. Again, do not try to do the dolphin swim and Atlantis on the same day and as a family, I think Atlantis will be more fun and less expansive. Pools, slides, aquariums (with sharks and rays), snorkeling, the beach etc. Bring your own snorkel gear and you can snorkel for only $6 on cocoa cay. No need for an excursion there as it is a small beach island only. You can also snorkel at Fort Zachary state park in Key West. Not a great as an excursion, but if you are spending a few days in Miami, Key largo and the John Penne camp State Park are much better snorkeling then a cruise excursion. Much more time in the water.

Florida is very easy to drive in. Florida is still fairly wide open and the road signs are easy to read. From Miami to Orlando is approximately a 3 ½ hour drive. If you want to spend time in Orlando at Disney, it may be best to take a cruise out of Port Canaveral. The four day cruise does not include Key West out of Port Canaveral. Port Canaveral is a short drive to Orlando, less than an hour. So you can fly into Orlando. Or fly into Miami and then spend the extra time in Miami. See the everglades, Snorkel in Key Largo. The Miami seaquarium has dolphin swim encounter program for $150. If you stay in Miami, choose a North Miami Beach hotel. South beach is topless. Not appropriate for an 11 year old.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

I did the mini-cruise with my 13 year old daughter last August. We didn't do the dolphin swim (expensive and very busy) in Nassau but spent the day on the beach instead. In Key West it is easy to find boat trips to view wild dolphins (almost guaranteed viewing) and then do snorkelling. Just walk out of the port at key West and then it is easy to find a booking office for a boat trip. Don't book on the ship. The weather is very hot and humid in August.

wilmington nc
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

I will be on the Majesty of the Seas cruise and I am wondering what is best to do while in Nassau?? Any ideas??

The North
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

Astrid - If they are from Spain, then their kid is quite used to seeing topless women. In fact to him, it is probably not a big deal at all

8. Re: royal carabbian cruise- dolphin swin and atlantis resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 03:17