We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Indian citizens in US need Bahamas visa for a cruise?

South Windsor...
Level Contributor
195 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Do Indian citizens in US need Bahamas visa for a cruise?

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen residing in the US on a non-Immigrant visa. I know that I need to a tourist visa to enter Bahamas on a tour. However, does the same hold for a Bahamas cruise as well? I am planning to go on a cruise to the Bahamas that will start from and end in a US port. I shall be touching the land (in Nassau) but will not spend any night on the land.

If a visa is needed, then what is the port of entry? Is it in the US port or in Bahamas?

Thanks,

Vivek

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,905 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Indian citizens in US need Bahamas visa for a cruise?

Vivek,

Your best source for information is your cruise line. They will know exactly what you need to have in order to go on your cruise. Call them today, as if vsias and such are needed, you may need to get those well in advance.

Typically, you will need to send your application, passport and fee to either one of the Bahamas consuls in the US or use a visa agency (usually the cruise lines can direct you to them), so you will not want to wait until the last minute.

You will also want to know if your non-immigrant visa for the US will permit you multiple entry into the US. Again, the cruise line will be you rbest source of information.

Have a good cruise!

Bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Indian citizens in US need Bahamas visa for a cruise?

Hi Vivek

Did you need a visa to go to the Bahamas....

I plan a visit this summer... would appreciate your response

3. Re: Do Indian citizens in US need Bahamas visa for a cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:15