We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island?

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which island?

Any suggestions as to which island would be a good choice to visit for 3-4 days flying from Fort Lauderdale? Looking for great beaches, good food and laid back atmosphere. Any good deals for a mini holiday (reasonable price and easy to get to)? Island & resort suggestions welcomed.

Carlsbad, California
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island?

South Andros Island has direct flights from Ft. Lauderdale on a small airline called Watermakers. We used them last time we visited the island. It is a great place, very laid back, full of natural beauty and very friendly people. We stay at the Andros Beach Club. It is a wonderful, very private house with a beach that will take your breath away.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island?

You might want to look at Long Island, Bahamas- www.capesantamaria.com then click where it says "getaway Specials" then "Beach Lover's Vacation". You can fly to Long Island from FLL via Georgetown, Exuma (stops in Georgetown then like 15 more minutes to LI) on Continental or American, I think. We have been to LI but stayed at Stella Maris (which we loved) but I think CSM might be more what you are looking for.

Or, you can fly into Georgetown and stay at St. Francis Resort on Stocking Island- they have a website but i am not sure of it so google it. Look at the beach photos on both places and see if it is what you are seeking.

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island?

Thanks a bunch! I know it's a broad question but I am really interested in seeing the out islands. Just checking around for feedback to any of them!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island?

You can fly direct from FLL to Governor's Harbour on Eleuthera via Continental. Eleuthera is a good match for what you described you are looking for.

5. Re: Which island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 05:16