We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learn to sail vacations

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
126 reviews
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Topic
Learn to sail vacations

Hi there, I searched in the forums but did not find any very recent posts about this. I'm starting to research a trip to the Caribbean (Bahamas or really anywhere that isn't too much of a trek to get to from Boston) in which my husband and I would learn to sail, or at least get some basics down. What are some good options to research? We'd need to be gone less than a week for starters and our budget is mid-range. Timing would be late Jan through late Feb. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Learn to sail vacations

I am not sure about the Bahamas but I know there are quite a few "learn to sail" type programs in the BVI's and the USVI's. If you have not, google something like "learn to sail VI's". When we were in St Thomas in June we talked to a family who was taking a course at that time (in Red Hook). It would be faster to get to the USVI since you can fly (probably direct but I am not sure) into STT where as you would have to fly to San Juan then on to Beef Island to get to a program in Tortola (or take a ferry from ST which would probably cost you more time). Not sure about your budget but that is definitely "high" season down there in January and especially in February.

2. Re: Learn to sail vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 01:18