We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best island for couple in late 20s?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best island for couple in late 20s?

Hello,

I'm planning a trip for me and my husband in early July, and I'm not quite sure which island would be the best for us. We're looking for a place that's not a hassle to get to, has beautiful beach and things to do like snorkeling, hiking, restaurants etc. We'd prefer to stay away from the large resorts and places with lots of kids. In a nutshell, something slightly quieter, but still beautiful and able to have some adventures and good dining options. Budget is not too much of an issue. This is our first time in the Bahamas, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best island for couple in late 20s?

I'll suggest Exuma. It's fairly easy to get to (we flew AA through Miami then onto Georgetown.). We were on the beach by 1pm - at Chat n Chill for their Sunday pig roast. There are so many things to do excursion wise as there are many cays to explore. Also a lot of fun beach bars. The beaches and water are amazing!

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best island for couple in late 20s?

Just got around to replying, but we took your advice and booked 4 day holiday at Exuma. It was amazing. The beaches, cays, water, it was beyond our expectations. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my question, I'm very grateful we ended up at Exuma.

3. Re: Best island for couple in late 20s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:15