We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

Hi . I need some help. i will be in nassau in two weeks for three nights. I would like some help in picking a hotel that is on the beach or very near to the beach. I would like to spend less that $150 a night. Is there a beach that is better for snorkeling?. is it dangerous to take a taxi? or is it better to just take the bus.

Thanks for the help

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

$15O a night might be tough to do. Solo or a couple? There's really not much good snorkeling right off the beaches here in Nassau. Yeah you can see a few fish, maybe a turtle or ray. But the reefs are well offshore and require a boat to get to. Taxis and buses are perfectly safe to take. Buses run until sunset, so after dark you'll have to rely on taxis. With your budget, perhaps check out Breezes on Cable Beach, maybe they have some specials running. Or Comfort Suites on Paradise Island. $150 a night for a hotel is the low end, but not impossible to find something decent.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

I should add, that its not impossible to find something in your price range. Many hotels (Sheraton, Wyndham, etc) do run deals..you just have to do the homework. Kind of depends on what level of lodging your looking for. If you want less than $100 per night, there are several places, not on the beach, and in the one to two star range. All depends on your needs and expectations.

Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

Thanks for the quick response, I found in Sheraton's website a room for $160. i think that I am going to book with them. Thank you for the info on the hotels . We really appreciate it

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

Make sure you read the fine print (on the hotels website) regarding add'l fees and surcharges. Booking thru 3rd party, they don't tell you that it's an add'l $40 or more per day for resort fees.

5. Re: Need some help, first time traveling to Nassau.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 10:18