We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Island to take family with 2 small children??

Milton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best Island to take family with 2 small children??

My husband and I like to take a nice vacation once a year. We have 2 small kids (currenlty ages 1 and 4). It will probably be about a year before we could go on our next vacation, but I was wanting to inquire which island would be recommended for us. We live on the Gulf Coast of the US and love being on the water. I know the kids would love the beach as they do here, but I would also want to throw in some Bahama culture. We have found that the less expensive, go with the flow kind of environment suits us better and we tend to enjoy it more. Something like adventure as you go with out the crazy rush of tourists (so not a big fan of hugly crowded water parks). Any ideas on which island would be more ideal for us and enjoyable for the kids as well?

bahamas
Level Contributor
279 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Island to take family with 2 small children??

Check out the Out Islands, Long Island is a good one for family. There is a site called bahamatopia that has lots of good info on it. LI has some affordable rental cottages which could work well for a small family, kitchen, etc. Lots of beaches, few tourists (at least not in any concentration), snorkling, etc. Enough services for one to go out, shop, etc. Straw crafts by local women, boat builders, fishing, etc.

Hope that helps.

Exuma might also be an option, but more tourists as it is more accessible. Similar island life.

Milton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Island to take family with 2 small children??

funny, those were the 2 islands I had narrowed my search down to. both sound a little more our style.

3. Re: Best Island to take family with 2 small children??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 06:17